Author Topic: Idiots  (Read 834 times)

Offline Crappie slayer 36

• Team IceShanty Regular
Idiots
« on: Dec 26, 2013, 04:36 PM »
So my first day back from Michigan we go to the lake and are happy to see that someone is already there so my girlfriend would be more comfortable. As we were heading out three guys headed out to their truck and left. Spudded out following there tracks and came upon their "camp". Probably 25 dink bluegill laying on the ice, some with their heads stomped in. Wish I would have seen you do that. C'mon guys if you've got the drive to pull a sled out onto thin ice can't you at least bend you sorry $&&&& over and return the bluegill to its original location. Rediculous in my opinion. Me and my girlfriend gathered your wonton waste and I will salvage what meat I can so these don't go to waste. Please throw your fish back for crying out loud! :-\

Offline jps041359

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Idiots
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2013, 04:51 PM »
Could not have said it better. If your aim is not any better then that putting them back in the hole. Then get your lazy but up off your bucket
and put them back in the hole. Nothing irritates me more.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2013, 05:21 PM »
I am not disagreeing with this post. Most lakes need the fish put back.. To say all lakes with an abundance of small fish don't benefit from purging the small fish is disingenuous. As Doug Stange said in the last In-Fisherman Magazine, Bass , Muskie. Carp and Walleye are not sacred. They are a renewable resource, nutritious and abundant in a lot of fisheries.
I do not condone the wanton waste of small fish, unless it benefits the fishery as a whole.   Some times it does. Simple as that.
Paul

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2013, 06:18 PM »
oh brother another gill stomping thread. ::)  makes me wonder what kind of neighbors some of you are. lol cant we all just get along weather we agree or not? its not really that hard. 

real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline william bennett

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " FLAGS UP>>GET IT"
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2013, 06:30 PM »
I am not disagreeing with this post. Most lakes need the fish put back.. To say all lakes with an abundance of small fish don't benefit from purging the small fish is disingenuous. As Doug Stange said in the last In-Fisherman Magazine, Bass , Muskie. Carp and Walleye are not sacred. They are a renewable resource, nutritious and abundant in a lot of fisheries.
I do not condone the wanton waste of small fish, unless it benefits the fishery as a whole.   Some times it does. Simple as that.
Paul
i do think that Doug is right, but not on all species.  like the Muskies here in Indiana do not reproduce.  they do go through a spawn but  all the lakes that they are stocked into have muck bottoms and the egg's get covered up and  they never get a chance to survive .. thats why the IDNR  have a Muskie stocking program..    and i also do agree that if the lake is compounded with alot of smaller fish it deos hurt the ecosystem big time
William Bennett

Everybody needs some form of release.......... I fish
(Grumpy Old Men)

Offline Crappie slayer 36

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2013, 07:15 PM »
Philosophy v/s ethics

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.