The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Where's the ice fella's  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Gamedog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get Whiskey Drunk!!
Where's the ice fella's
« on: Nov 29, 2007, 01:48 PM »
 :whistle:

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Where's the ice fella's
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2007, 01:53 PM »
Heard that there was 4" on the Lake Helena side of the Causeway on Tuesday the 27th.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Riverb8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2007, 02:37 PM »
Heard there was 3" to 5" on Georgetown.  I also heard the same about Canyon Ferry. 

Hopefully it stays cold, and we can get some good ice early this year.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2007, 02:47 PM »
Heard there was 3" to 5" on Georgetown.  I also heard the same about Canyon Ferry. 

Hopefully it stays cold, and we can get some good ice early this year.

I checked out the CF web cam and it still looks like water.  There may be some ice in the bays but I don't think it will be frozen for a week or two.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2007, 06:49 PM »
I just went by Castlerock Lake. Its froze over except for a small open spot in the middle with about 100 loons packed into it.  Ice is perhaps 2-3 inches thick.  No one appears to have been on it yet.

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2007, 09:26 AM »
hello all my first post here on ice shanty after lurking for 2 years Ice conditions sounding great all over the state but has any one been to tongue river resevoir
I live on the Bighorn river but it never freezes and the lake sometimes freezes in the bays but no access

Offline Whatpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2007, 11:01 AM »
has any one been to tongue river resevoir
Maybe Seedtree or Mooter would have some info for ya. I ,hopefully, will be making at least one trip to TR this this winter, I have a good friend with a cabin there. I have never fished TR in the winter, so I don't even have any good or bad advice.  8)
Welcome to Iceshanty.
"Isn't he precious." My daughter looking at a 12" walleye
"The Green Hornet strikes again!"

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2007, 03:04 PM »
I posted on another thread here that as of last Sunday (11/25) TRR was still wide open.  Some ice along the edges on the South end.  Of course, its been chilly since then.

This reservoir seems to take a while to ice up, but seems to stay that way later.  In past years, I have fished it in the middle of December onward, but I'm no dare devil with the ice.

Crappies are the main deal here.  Walleyes, pike and bass are caught too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.