The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hyalite Canyon  (Read 637 times)

Offline kkohring

• IceShanty Rookie
Hyalite Canyon
« on: Feb 01, 2009, 12:46 PM »
Hi guys im new to the forum. Im from bozeman and I usually just fish the mall ponds and bozeman beach. Im pretty confident fishing both those places and I usually wind up with a dozen or so trout plus some bass or perch(I throw all of them back) its not a challenge fishing there. However with the roads being plowed so well up hyalite I tried it for the first time the other day. I didnt get skunked, 3 cutts in a few hours of fishing near the damn with worms. I varied the depth from darn near bottom all the way all the way up to right below the ice. All 3 were between 10 and 20 fow. Iv heard across from the youth camp usually gives up fish as does the boat launch(Iv seen people there and Iv caught fish there in the spring flipping a panther martin). Any other info or help would be greatly appreciated. Where to go, what to use, how deep to fish? Thanks

Offline jimmerjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hyalite Canyon
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2009, 08:21 PM »
fish the spots where you don't normally see people, sometimes you will be surprised. Do you have a sonar? if not, get one!!!! you will catch fish that you never knew were there, and will really learn alot on how to jig and fish behavior. I got a vexilar last year, and my freezer is full of fish already this year. They are really easy to use and understand, and plus you don't have to waste time fishing a spot where there are no fish or even more importnatly, baitfish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.