Author Topic: What you guys think of the 2 new spoons from northland this year?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline ont_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular

What you think?

Cash or pass?

Coffin spoon reminds me alot of the macho minnow spoon they already make.

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
I will be getting some of those Bro Bug spoons. I think they should work pretty well. One for $4 but the 3-pack is $10. Not a bad deal for the pack.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity

Pass

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!

What you think?

Cash or pass?

Coffin spoon reminds me alot of the macho minnow spoon they already make.

The coffin spoon might be decent….nothing special….the bugged eyed spoon…..just looks like the eyes stick out far enough to cause issues with getting tangled in fishing line, weeds, and other stuff….I’d pass on it

Offline Joma

• IceShanty Rookie
I'd pick a few up if they make it to the clearance bin!  Those prices are too tough to swallow considering they're not drastically different from northland's other offerings, or tungsten!

Offline Doug SD

• IceShanty Rookie
I'd pick a few up if they make it to the clearance bin!  Those prices are too tough to swallow considering they're not drastically different from northland's other offerings, or tungsten!

X2

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
Nothing new 🤷🏾‍♂️

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Jigging raps and kastys still work fine. ;)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think they look clunky and heavy.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
The only thing that really peaks my interest from anything new they have to offer this year is some of the new color patterns they have available on some of their older spoons.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
That is a no for me.  ;)
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ehh, rather uninspiring.  Maybe the bug eyes will help it show up on a flasher better.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We poured the coffin box style one back in about the 2000-2001. They didn’t sell well for Lindy. It seems Northland is re marketing a lot of old Lindy products in the last few years. Just a bulky chunk of motionless lead.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
Just a bulky chunk of motionless lead.

X2

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pass. Every season Northland, Clam, and Rapala all come out with some ridiculous looking gimmicky lure that sells fast but produces nothing.  The ones that catch fisherman, not fish. These are this year's iteration.  Personally, I quit buying this junk a long time ago.  Buckshot spoons, Kastmasters, Jigging raps, and tungsten jigs. If you can't catch fish on some color and size variation of those four lures, it's time to go home and order pizza.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
They need to start producing some lures with centralized tie ons.
Enough with these tail end and head tie ons only.

The Johnson Johnny Darter has a nose and mid body tie on point, but they don't have a hook on the head end, just the tail and suspended treble in the middle.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
I'll pass as well. But as I found out last season, their Forage Minnows in 1/32 ounce are killer on the Gills...and Perch. And as someone else said,  Jigging Raps,  Kastmasters and Swedish Pimples are about all I use in terms of larger spoons. Sometimes new and improved isn't so much that.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
pass

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
If only Northland just kept producing those mini-airplane jigs, they're really hot when the fish are looking for a wide glide pattern.  That moment the jig turns and  starts the 180 or rather a 90 degree turning arc and wham!
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.