New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Big bay. Oneida lake.  (Read 13806 times)

Offline crappie assain

• IceShanty Rookie
Big bay. Oneida lake.
« on: Jan 03, 2013, 05:56 AM »
Anyone know the conditions on big bay? 

Offline PerchEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "eyes" have it!
Re: Big bay. Oneida lake.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:32 AM »
I heard that the popular access to Big Bay has been posted.
True?
The tug is the drug.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:46 AM »

yes that is true , pay and park at the bar now

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:15 AM »

yes that is true , pay and park at the bar now
>:(

I'm not sure how" legal" that posting is?

According to the Oswego County Tax Maps, which can be viewed at the Oswego County GIS Parcel Veiwer....

There is a definite PUBLIC ACCESS there .  ;D

To the north, parcel 293.08-02-33 owned by Scott Whittaker
To the south, parcel 307.08-02-03 owned by Don Weber

The map clearly shows these properties do not adjoin. With the Right of Way between them.

Sounds like somebody is up to something?  :unsure:

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:31 AM »
Good work raate!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:43 AM »
My buddy checked it out last week and said there is a No tress passing sign on a metal pole right at the culvert at the waters edge. there is no signs up by the road ??? ??? If its now posted then why is there NOT a sign right by the road ??? >:(
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline jigginoff

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Have a crappie day!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:46 AM »
raate is right, that little strip between the properties is owned by the town of west monroe, and has always been public access.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:53 AM »

yes i know that but a few years ago went through that and a guy was threatening to sue because he fell and they piled snow up in front of the entrance either way your going to pay to park ,then why is there no sign there stating public access? , looks like another shouting match again this year  ;D

Offline walleye1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:35 AM »
I do my best to avoid Big Bay. Especially on the weekends!

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:43 AM »
I do my best to avoid Big Bay. Especially on the weekends!

hear that  ;)

Offline SwedishPIMP69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2013, 09:18 AM »
sooooo how much ice is there?

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2013, 10:12 AM »
I drove by big bay last night and saw one guy out there about 75 yds out. I dont know how safe it is but im gonna check it after work, i think the guy that was out there lives right there. I wouldnt assume its really safe just yet... Ill post later when i check it out for myself..
Murph.

Offline dream_big_outdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2013, 10:51 AM »
I drove by big bay last night and saw one guy out there about 75 yds out. I dont know how safe it is but im gonna check it after work, i think the guy that was out there lives right there. I wouldnt assume its really safe just yet... Ill post later when i check it out for myself..
Murph.

i was goin to take a ride out there myself today to see what its like.

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2013, 11:53 AM »
So the Marina is the only access now?? Or is the colvert still "legaly" ok?? Last time I went last year I used the colvert for the first time and parked on the road west of the bar....was that not a "ok" parking spot?? Wasnt sure if I should park in the lot at the end of the road since it says it is the lot for the storage place. I am still kinda new to ice fishing and dont want to be one of the ones parking in places that piss the local resedents off and make us loose access.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 2013, 12:00 PM »
So the Marina is the only access now?? Or is the colvert still "legaly" ok?? Last time I went last year I used the colvert for the first time and parked on the road west of the bar....was that not a "ok" parking spot?? Wasnt sure if I should park in the lot at the end of the road since it says it is the lot for the storage place. I am still kinda new to ice fishing and dont want to be one of the ones parking in places that piss the local resedents off and make us loose access.
The parking lot at the storage place is where your supposed to park if you access by the culvert.  There is a sign there that tells you how much to pay for parking and a box where you put your envelope with your name, lic plate #, etc...  Thats if you can even access via the culvert anymore.  Hope this helps man :-\
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline dream_big_outdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 03, 2013, 01:23 PM »
seen a couple people on big bay this afternoon

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 03, 2013, 02:15 PM »
There are 2 "right of ways" and the one that is behind the Ship and Shore bar is one of them. Parking on public roads is banned due to a neighbor who did some politicking with the town years ago, I used to be really good friends with his son. He does look for anything to B about, so don't park on the street there. I think the parking at the storage place is 3 or 4 dollars, which isn't bad considering it is always plowed out and whatnot. Don't park and not pay, the guy has a tow truck business too, and you will find your vehicle gone when you get off the ice, or he will give you hell. He got after me one afternoon after I fished that morning and left, then didn't put loot in the box on my second trip. I told him I payed this morning, and asked if that was OK, he said it was and he checked the box and I was good to go.

Petey runs the bar at Big bay now, avid ice fisherman and really good egg all around. I dunno the deal with parking there. 

cny

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 03, 2013, 02:23 PM »
There are 2 "right of ways" and the one that is behind the Ship and Shore bar is one of them. Parking on public roads is banned due to a neighbor who did some politicking with the town years ago, I used to be really good friends with his son. He does look for anything to B about, so don't park on the street there. I think the parking at the storage place is 3 or 4 dollars, which isn't bad considering it is always plowed out and whatnot. Don't park and not pay, the guy has a tow truck business too, and you will find your vehicle gone when you get off the ice, or he will give you hell. He got after me one afternoon after I fished that morning and left, then didn't put loot in the box on my second trip. I told him I payed this morning, and asked if that was OK, he said it was and he checked the box and I was good to go.

Petey runs the bar at Big bay now, avid ice fisherman and really good egg all around. I dunno the deal with parking there. 

cny
does he know anything about the no tress passing sign at the culvert?

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2013, 02:54 PM »
Perhaps one thing to consider & be cautious of, TONS of the real estate not on the lake but within 1/2 mile has a "deeded" right of way.  This is more common than not around Oneida. Just check craigslist for real estate with Oneida as the key word.  In order to save the money & hassel of establishing an HOA & having to charge extra fees to cover taxes on these pseudo private access points they just left them somewhat undeclared.  Although the "spirit" of them was for use by property owners.  They let the property taxes go because they got more outa the increased values of the occupied parcels with this access.
Be careful before you start a peeing match, & remember its probably tje behavior of fisherman that ticked off the residents to begin with.  This never ends well.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2013, 03:01 PM »
the  sign  has  been  put  up  before  ...and  torn  down  this  is  not  the  first  time  it  has  happened  i  believe  that   is  owned  by  the  town  .......... 

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2013, 03:21 PM »

hey trapp why don't they [town] put up a public access sign , to clear up the confusion , and if i lived there i would love to hear guys hooting it up and asking questions like hey how the f;;';you been , and so on at 5:30 in the morning , and i've heard it many times , must be a real treat , it was never an issue when brownie lived there   

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Jan 03, 2013, 03:26 PM »
fillet  because   people  are  knuckleheads  you  know  that   last  year  i picked  the  guys  wood  op  for  him  because  people  were  using  it  to  walk  threw  the  water

Offline dgriff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 03, 2013, 03:47 PM »
Heard there is a bunch of guys out there right now

Offline A-TOM-MIK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasing perch the last 27 years
« Reply #23 on: Jan 03, 2013, 03:59 PM »
if you consider 2 a bunch then yes you are correct
I aint' got a lot but I think I got it made !!! In the shade...........
- Hank Williams Jr.

Lovin' Life !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S71EfNNRg_s
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1174207024#!/profile.php?id=1174207024

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 03, 2013, 04:02 PM »
if you consider 2 a bunch then yes you are correct
sounds like its packed out there ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) did they access thru the right away ??? I bet you that nice sign that is up will no longer exist by saturday  ::) ::) ::)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Jan 03, 2013, 04:07 PM »
hey   tom   how  ya   doing  .... 

Offline A-TOM-MIK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasing perch the last 27 years
« Reply #26 on: Jan 03, 2013, 04:23 PM »
Chompin' at the bit Rick like the rest    ;D

How are you, its nearing that time again   :o
I aint' got a lot but I think I got it made !!! In the shade...........
- Hank Williams Jr.

Lovin' Life !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S71EfNNRg_s
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1174207024#!/profile.php?id=1174207024

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:43 PM »
I was one of the few at the bay today.. 3 black 1 white, most of the snow is gone.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:45 PM »
Chompin' at the bit Rick like the rest    ;D

How are you, its nearing that time again   :o

well  be  out  there  in  force   soon  now  ....  hey   where  did  you  guys  get  on  is  the  sign  down?

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:50 PM »
The sign is still up for now, there is no legal posted sign near the road, until there is i will access as usual.
Murph

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.