Author Topic: Bass + Panfish on the Jigstick (Underwater view!)  (Read 838 times)

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bass + Panfish on the Jigstick (Underwater view!)
« on: Feb 21, 2024, 02:41 PM »
This trip, I'm back on the ice after the mini-thaw with my underwater camera.  We lost about 1" of slush ice w/ temps in the 50's, but then the cold came back & set things up again.

The day before I really lit them up fishing in snow squalls, but due to operator error - I lost that video.  ::).  Everything was biting that day including a bullhead catfish on the jigstick + a giant wild shiner.  The shiners are hard to hook b/c they have small mouths.

So, this is the follow day....the bite was still very good....but not as crazy as when the snow was flying.

Check it out if you have some time...

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bass + Panfish on the Jigstick (Underwater view!)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2024, 04:28 PM »
Nice !

Offline gunvault

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2024, 05:32 PM »
 Very nice Job you do filming It is pretty interesting to see just how fish react
               Thanks for sharing

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2024, 08:07 AM »
Thx, guys!   ;D

It is pretty interesting to see just how fish react

Yeah, it's true - you learn alot from watching them on video - more so than a FF or flasher.   ;D

Even now, I'm still learning new stuff almost every trip...

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2024, 09:20 AM »
It's Sat AM, so that means another video posted...

This time, I'm fishing drawdown lake.  So, the 1st challenge is actually getting to the water over some rocks + then thru mud.  Not many ppl are going to go through the trouble, so I had the pond to myself.  Fishing was good, but the underwater video showed me that I wasn't being patient enough hole hopping....and at one point....I had a guy on fat bike come up to me & start talking....right at that point a huge school of fish was going underneath my feet while I was chit-chatting....totally unaware, lol.

I caught some nice bass on the jigstick, missed a few more....and got a mixed bag of panfish, too.

Check it out if you have some time...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.