Author Topic: Deep Freeze Ice Anchor Test and Review  (Read 1558 times)

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
Deep Freeze Ice Anchor Test and Review
« on: Feb 11, 2022, 02:56 PM »
If you use Ice Anchors at all, you might want to check this out!

&t=329s

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
Re: Deep Freeze Ice Anchor Test and Review
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2022, 06:04 AM »
good vid thanks!  ill look into getting some.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Steamtrain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2022, 01:01 PM »
I bought the deep freeze ice anchors after having trouble getting new Eskimo anchors that came with the hub to go in to the ice. I bought 6 DF anchors and the adapter, they work great and I’m going to buy a few more DF anchors.
After securing the corners of the hub down with the first 5 DF anchors, I use the 6th anchor as a drill bit to make a pilot holes for the Eskimo anchors if needing more securing points.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2022, 06:22 AM »
I bought the deep freeze ice anchors after having trouble getting new Eskimo anchors that came with the hub to go in to the ice. I bought 6 DF anchors and the adapter, they work great and I’m going to buy a few more DF anchors.
After securing the corners of the hub down with the first 5 DF anchors, I use the 6th anchor as a drill bit to make a pilot holes for the Eskimo anchors if needing more securing points.

as seen in the video, yeah that's the same reason I bought them too.  I could not get the Eskimos to bite.  I've been told they work better going slow (by hand).   These DF are an upgrade for sure.  They have been working great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.