Connecticut > Ice Fishing Connecticut

Shops for big baits

<< < (2/5) > >>

ImmovingtoMaine,OUCH:
Bobs Bait in Bozrah……he has come through big time in the past, just highly recommend callling him first and ask if he’s got Pike Bait. It may be goldens, giant Arkansas shiners, fallfish. Just call first.

V Menzone:

--- Quote from: PikeKing23 on Jan 12, 2022, 04:26 AM ---Careful Papa. You can legally buy Goldens inct and legally use them in MA, but crossing state lines with live baitfish is a no no.
(f) Importation of Baitfish. Only commercial baitfish defined in 4.01 (8)(a) may be imported for use and sale as bait by a licensed dealer. Importation of any live fish, other than aquarium trade fish as defined in 321 CMR 9.01(2),  requires an importation permit from the Director, including commercial baitfish.

I don't think they have many live bait checkpoints at the border, but just sayin.

--- End quote ---
the rules are so vague that I keep a permit in my wallet that says I'll do what I want. But I know alot of guys that buy in bulk from Anderson and it's a free online form one time import lic. Takes an hour usually to get. The bait dealers name is on the license along with yours

Global Warming in CT:
Thanks for the replies guys. Never heard of Bob's Bait so I'll have to check it out. New Haven is about the same ride for me as TAGs in Plainville. Also I'm not on social media (aside from iceshanty) so I'd have no way to contact the (potential) black market bait guy.
I found a bag of frozen suckers from last year in the garage freezer after I posted, so those will do the trick if I can't find any big baits. And of course I can try to jig some up.
Thanks again and good luck out there.  :tipup:

pepperdawg:
Another dead-bait option is frozen or fresh smelt (most decent grocery stores/seafood places).....pike love.

lowaccord66:

--- Quote from: Global Warming in CT on Jan 12, 2022, 07:21 AM ---Thanks for the replies guys. Never heard of Bob's Bait so I'll have to check it out. New Haven is about the same ride for me as TAGs in Plainville. Also I'm not on social media (aside from iceshanty) so I'd have no way to contact the (potential) black market bait guy.
I found a bag of frozen suckers from last year in the garage freezer after I posted, so those will do the trick if I can't find any big baits. And of course I can try to jig some up.
Thanks again and good luck out there.  :tipup:

--- End quote ---

Tags distributes bait.  Tom can do larger orders for those who want to buy bulk and store.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version