Author Topic: Flip over runners  (Read 924 times)

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
Flip over runners
« on: Jan 11, 2022, 09:07 AM »
Couple years ago I purchased the clam nanook xl and installed the otter runners on the bottom due them being a little thicker than the clam ones.  The only thing is I only put 3 of them on, one in the middle and one on each outside strake.  There’s two exposed strakes I did not put them on.  Do you think this is really a big deal considering I only pull my sled by hand and might use it a half dozen times a year?  At far as wear and tear and life of the sled? It seems it be ok, seems to have enough clearance to provide protection to the ‘naked’ strakes.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Flip over runners
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2022, 09:40 AM »
I Jet Sled XL only has 3 .. I am not concerned ..Even bare ice can put a beating on any tub . Its a great investment.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2022, 10:26 AM »
I'd just keep an eye on the exposed sections and see if it's getting beat up or wearing. If you pull your sled over a lot of big rocks or something I'd add all the runners you can. My one man only has two runners, every other sled I've had has at least 3, but it's been fine. I also hand drag, mostly got the runners because I pull across concrete from time to time. I can tell the runners are seeing a ton of wear compared to the rest of the sled.

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2022, 02:12 PM »
I only pull by hand and mostly on the snow and ice.  Every once in a while I’ll have to drag it a crossed a bare parking lot or gravely lot for a short time.  Looking at the other strakes I don’t even see a scratch on them.  Look like my wear strips take all the beating.  The nice thing about the otter runners is they are 3/4” thick which gives the bottom of the sled some good clearance.

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2022, 08:40 AM »
You will be ok and you already know that because you answered your own question.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.