Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan U.P.

Bears

<< < (2/2)

Doeslayer:
Im just hoping to see one.... I spent 6 hours in the skeeter infested swamps looking for bear sign a few weeks ago and found 1 bear track.... That was enough for me lol thats where im setti g up.... Ive done a buttload of research... And im pretty sure if i put enough bait down i can get a young dumb one at least.... Im not trying to trophy hunt i just wanna be successful in my 1st bear hunt ill worry about a big one on my next tag lol

rgp198328:
You kill a bear or what? You ready to go back up and kill some fish?

icefishman:
Bear pics?

icefishman:
Bear pics?

Doeslayer:
No bears.... The forestry dept decided openeing day of bear season was the best possible time to survey the woods for a spring select cut with the Sioux indian tribal council... So there was old ladies with dogs and guys with chainsaws on side by sides going down trails that were off limits to atvs.... Needless to say i was very bummed.... Baited for weeks drove multiple trips  4.5 hours each way then hauled 500-1000 lbs of bait to the woods only to have a party going on 9 am opening morning.... I had 3 bait sites but all were within a half mile of there and i just felt defeated

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version