Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Crappies

Crappie Fever

(1/3) > >>

walleye4:
Anybody got the fever yet?  I have it big time! :P  Crappie are going to really turn on here in Nebraska within the next 2 weeks.  We are finally getting some cooler weather and it is getting me excited!! :) :)   Hope we have that El-Nino winter they are talking about!  We need the moisture, and I hope it gets down to -20 deg all winter!  

I hope to hook into that Turdy Pound Crappie!!!  8) 8)

HarryD:
where ya located at walleye4 im in Omaha . looking for a new ice fishing partner this year hate going bymyself but if no one wants to go i go alone 8)

walleye4:
I live in Minden!  Email me your address at [email protected] and I'll keep you posted on the fishing!  I am always looking for someone to fish with!  I am going to Harlan this weekend, the crappie are on the go!  I always have somewhere to go in the winter where the bite is good!

Crappie4ever:
I love to fish for crappies and want to try them under the ice.  What method and jig do u suggest?

walleye4:
I use a wide variety of lures for ice crappie!  I use 3/4" tubes, jigging rapalas, teardrop/waxworm, small spoons, swedish pimples, and once in awhile minnows!  It all depends on the body of water I am fishing!  I have different tactics for different lakes!  Just try a variety of the above mentioned lures and you will find something that will work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version