Author Topic: Jiffy Pro 4 Propane?  (Read 1244 times)

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Jiffy Pro 4 Propane?
« on: Dec 25, 2011, 09:17 AM »
I'm an  old school type guy. I just got a Jiffy Pro 4 propane for Xmas today from my kids and wife. I'm sure theres pro's and cons like all everything. Any comments good or bad. I'm concerned about the propane starting in cold weather and the power. It is also a little heavy but would like some feedback . For the coin they spent I just want a good product. Thanks

Offline NoMe

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Jiffy Pro 4 Propane?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2011, 03:14 PM »
I also got one this year but have not drilled yet, season up here starts on the 1st of Jan. I read all the reviews I could find and from what I've READ the pros outweigh the cons. I did leave it outside one night when the temps reached -5 F with the tank attached, uncovered and it didn't operate well the next morning until I put on a new, warmer tank or shook the tank that sat outside all night. On very cold starts I would recommend to throttle it halfway while pulling cord. I also swapped out the spark plug (torch) that was installed from the manufacturer and put a NGK CR8HSA, seems to run smoother. Most users will agree that it will fire up on 1, 2, or 3 pulls. I like the idea of not having that gas smell on me or in the vehicle and the easy starting procedure. I'm anxious to give it some real world test next week
Plug your subject title into the search engine and you will find many threads on this auger.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2011, 03:29 PM »
I don't think you will have any problem starting it in the cold. As for drilling I hear only good things about it. But always remember the auger you own will last forever if taken good care of. Same with the blades for them.
<===Lefty===

Offline treadz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't wait for the Hardwater
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:20 PM »
I bought a Pro 4 last year and I LOVE it. Never had a problem with it. Starts everytime. No problems in the bitter cold either.  Usually starts on the second pull in the extreme cold. I just changed the oil for this season. The only problem this year is there isn't any ice to use it on!! 
Work should not be so pressing as to prevent a day's fishing through the ice.
–The Old Farmer's Almanac, 1910

Offline muskyjoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2011, 04:12 PM »
I bought mine as soon as it hit the shelves. I love it. It is heavy but i will take that over smelling gas all day. I drilled around 400 holes and i am still on my second tank of propane. You will.

Offline trykon_man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2011, 11:50 PM »
Buddy got one for Xmas and we used it this weekend.  It was awesome.  Tore through the ice like nothing i've ever seen.  I think you will enjoy it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.