The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur  (Read 29992 times)

Offline likesru25

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Arthur
« Reply #60 on: Jan 22, 2019, 03:53 PM »
Are you allowed to fish lake Arthur after dark? I see the park is only open sunrise to sunset. I didn't know if that includes the lake really would like to make plans to go after work. Just would like to know the rules to adjust accordingly

Offline treblesandshiners

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 22, 2019, 04:09 PM »
yes you are my friend.

Offline Gsprowls

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 22, 2019, 06:19 PM »
Fished across from the church today. Ice was good at around 5.5 inches. Managed 4 crappie over 10 inches and piles of gills. Did not make it over to the muddy creek side to check the ice.

Offline BostonWhaler21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 22, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Fished across from the church today. Ice was good at around 5.5 inches. Managed 4 crappie over 10 inches and piles of gills. Did not make it over to the muddy creek side to check the ice.
Looks like its promising for this weekend.

I have a couple certain nats in my house that tells me not to go fishing this weekend, and I do appreciate their care for my wellbeing, 6 inches of ice is pretty safe. (If only I could get my old man to chase winter walleyes with me instead of him having cabin fever until Lake Erie opens back up for him)

I'm just hoping to have some reports of yellow creek roll in. If not, this weekend might be a bust for me.

Offline Gsprowls

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 22, 2019, 07:11 PM »
It’s the same as always. Check as you go.  Stay to the safe ice, wear picks.  4 inches is reccomended for a reason. Guys fishing 2 1/2 inches of ice are asking for a serious accident to happen.

Offline BostonWhaler21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 22, 2019, 07:30 PM »
It’s the same as always. Check as you go.  Stay to the safe ice, wear picks.  4 inches is reccomended for a reason. Guys fishing 2 1/2 inches of ice are asking for a serious accident to happen.
That's what I keep reiterating. Some people I talked to say 3 inches is good enough for a group,  but I feel otherwise
I think 6-8 is enough for a group. I told the old man that he'll be good with a foot on Erie, but he is still resilient to the idea.

Maybe someday. I try to fish as much as I can with him, even at me being in my twenties. He'll always be my fishin' buddy.

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 22, 2019, 08:41 PM »
Are you allowed to fish lake Arthur after dark? I see the park is only open sunrise to sunset. I didn't know if that includes the lake really would like to make plans to go after work. Just would like to know the rules to adjust accordingly

It's a state park, you can fish after dark. 

Offline Coonhunter34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 23, 2019, 04:27 AM »
The tournament is this Sunday the 27th. There will be guys checking ice beforehand and creating a boundary if theres any unsafe ice around the maples
Widow Maker Lures
Western Pa Hardwater tournament series

Offline dricci1021

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 23, 2019, 04:59 AM »
Can anybody enter the tournament.  Was wondering the meeting time and place.

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #69 on: Jan 23, 2019, 07:15 AM »
That's what I keep reiterating. Some people I talked to say 3 inches is good enough for a group,  but I feel otherwise
I think 6-8 is enough for a group. I told the old man that he'll be good with a foot on Erie, but he is still resilient to the idea.

Maybe someday. I try to fish as much as I can with him, even at me being in my twenties. He'll always be my fishin' buddy.

That's good to here. I started ice fishing with my dad at age 4 on Arthur. Hes 67 and I'm 41. Because of work he goes a lot without me now, but I'm rarely out there without him. Lots of guys on here have run into him out there over the years. He still parks at 528 and walks to fish the bells by the prop at least once a season when the ice is good. If anyone doesn't want to head out alone hes always game to go. He just got his 1st cellphone last year ;D

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 23, 2019, 12:24 PM »
U guys think the ice will still be good to go this weekend with this rain today???
: )

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #71 on: Jan 23, 2019, 03:20 PM »
U guys think the ice will still be good to go this weekend with this rain today???
absolutly, it might get hurt a little but with over 5 inches its gonna take more than a day to not be fishable,only caveaut is with melt lake could rise a bit,which just makes getting on sloppy,did notice lake was down a foot or two
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Coonhunter34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 23, 2019, 04:08 PM »
Registration is 5-7 am at 528 ramp.  2 person team  anyone can enter. Search western pa hardwater tournament series for more info.  Last year winner took over a grand. This year should b better. Random giveaways including a striker float suit
Widow Maker Lures
Western Pa Hardwater tournament series

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 24, 2019, 06:42 AM »
This ice season officially blows. 36 straight hours of rain!? Just waiting for them to postpone the tournament for the 5th time
: )

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 24, 2019, 08:10 AM »
Hopefully tonight's temps will freeze everything back up safely .

Offline Gsprowls

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Jan 24, 2019, 08:19 AM »
let’s all hope for the best. Will need to be especially careful around the channels. All of the warm water can deteriorate the ice from underneath, and it will be insulated with the snow we are currently getting

Offline flyfisher2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Jan 24, 2019, 08:24 AM »
Does anyone have a report on the ice in the 528 area. Planning on fishing Saturday. Hopefully it will build ice over these next 2 days

Offline likesru25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Jan 24, 2019, 11:38 AM »
So I'm looking to make a go Sunday I usually fish muddy creek but with the tournie this weekend figured that area would be crowed what are some other good access just looking to get into some panfish

Offline gusgus637

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Jan 24, 2019, 11:45 AM »
Can anybody enter the tournament.  Was wondering the meeting time and place.

Not sure if anyone responded or not, but yes tournament open to the public. 

Offline Tom7541

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Jan 24, 2019, 12:16 PM »
Yry porters cove ice was 5 to 6 inches yesterday befor rain

Offline Pastush

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Jan 26, 2019, 01:18 PM »
Anyone been to Muudy Creek today?  How's the ice?

Offline Jagger0502

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Jan 26, 2019, 01:20 PM »
Upper 528 is about 5 inches. Lots of people out. Morning bite was ok, slow for the last few hours.
Dad- “Did I wait to long? Should I have set the hook? “ Me- “I am fairly certain fish don’t have hands....”

“GET EM!” - Scott Odonnell

Offline BostonWhaler21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Jan 26, 2019, 01:22 PM »
Currently at st. Mary's reservoir as I type this. Out with my uncle. Caught one nice brown on a swedish pimple #2. Ice is about 6 inches. Not bad for my first time!

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #83 on: Jan 26, 2019, 01:37 PM »
Anyone been to Muudy Creek today?  How's the ice?

Quite a few people in MC.  Ice about 5-6 but as mentioned closer to the mouth / out from maples it goes from 5 to 2 real quick.  Mt Zion had similar ice to MC.   Nothing but dink’s this AM for me.  An absolute ton of dink perch, quite a few dink crappy, and some dink Gill

Chute82

« Reply #84 on: Jan 26, 2019, 03:55 PM »
Started out great 2 nice 12” crappie first two drops before the sunrise, then small fish at first light, and then sniffers all afternoon

Offline Windknot412

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Jan 26, 2019, 04:09 PM »
Can anyone explain to me where the “Maples” are located. I started fishing the lake this summer launching from the 528 boat ramp and would like to icefish the area, but want to avoid areas identified having unsafe ice.

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 26, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Thought you guys may enjoy some Lake Arthur pictures from today . I may not be able to fish , but I can still take pictures .

First 3 pics from Mt. Zion Church launch .

The next 2 pics are looking onto and up Shannon branch

The next 4 pics are looking at Muddy Creek from main lake up the channel to beginning

528 bridge , and looking from bridge towards My. Zion Church

McDaniel boat launch area

Offline Crensel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Jan 26, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Anyone have any luck with tipups today?  We unfortanutly got skunked in the spots we hit.  Bout 10ft deep, fishin near bottom with shiners. Slow bite or rusty angler?

Offline Jagger0502

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Jan 26, 2019, 06:12 PM »
I had good luck jigging in 7ft. Had tipups out with a mix of bait with no luck. It was a really light bite today. Between me and my buddy we caught 22 keepers and a pile of dinks from sunrise to sunset. Good bag for sure but we worked all day for it.
Dad- “Did I wait to long? Should I have set the hook? “ Me- “I am fairly certain fish don’t have hands....”

“GET EM!” - Scott Odonnell

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #89 on: Jan 26, 2019, 06:38 PM »
Anyone have any luck with tipups today?  We unfortanutly got skunked in the spots we hit.  Bout 10ft deep, fishin near bottom with shiners. Slow bite or rusty angler?
went around the 230 flurry caught 4 then shut back off till dark,consenses had it slow day we agree

GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.