Author Topic: The Ice Machine Has Not Cometh  (Read 2432 times)

Offline hawgerdawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
The Ice Machine Has Not Cometh
« on: Sep 27, 2006, 12:27 PM »
I ordered the Lowrance x67c Ice Machine from the Cabela's Web site about two months ago and it's been on backorder since. Just got an e-mail that says they probably won't be able to get one for me.

I looked at their Web site, and they still have them listed for sale. Wonder what the deal is.

Anyhow, does anyone know a reliable place where I could get a good deal on one of these?

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." --Unknown

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The Ice Machine Has Not Cometh
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2006, 02:21 PM »
Here is one.  They are also a Iceshanty sponsor.
Fish307
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline oleycow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2006, 11:25 PM »
Try reedssports.com/
Nice folks with nice prices.

Offline Left Handed Model

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "I know it's backwards, I'm Left Handed..."
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2006, 06:22 AM »
I just recieved one from Thornebros.com...  and I got the summer skimmer transducer for free, normally 60-70 bucks by itself  and free shipping for 299.00,  I spoke to the owner of the store and he said he had plenty kicking around...... ;)
Mike aka: Lefty,  The Yellow Pole Guy.....

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2006, 08:02 AM »
I just recieved one from Thornebros.com...  and I got the summer skimmer transducer for free, normally 60-70 bucks by itself  and free shipping for 299.00,  I spoke to the owner of the store and he said he had plenty kicking around...... ;)

also got mine there.   great deal
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day.  But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline hawgerdawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2006, 09:57 AM »
Thanks, guys!

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." --Unknown

crowkiller

« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2006, 04:33 PM »
i got mine at gander mountain for 270.00 $

Offline hawgerdawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The Ice Machine HAS Cometh
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2006, 02:57 PM »
It arrived on my doorstep yesterday and the battery's chargin'! Man, I can't wait. I've watched the instructional video three times already ... best "movie" I've seen all year.

billybono

« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2006, 03:52 PM »
trust me..spend the extra cash and buy the m68c with the gps

got mine for 399.99 at gander last december

fished all last wear on the ice with it...and its been on the boat marking waypoints for this year

i love it

if your not going to do that, you wil be happyer with a vex

billybono

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2006, 12:47 AM »

if your not going to do that, you wil be happyer with a vex

billybono

Why is that?  Just curious.  I have the x67c and i like it.  I like being able to fish in graph mode sometimes and adjusting the zoom anywhere in the water column, and you can't do that with a vex.  I'm just curious as what is the big deal about the m68, it only has a gps over the 67, and i have a handheld gps that i use for everything, so i didn't need it.
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day.  But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #10 on: Oct 27, 2006, 02:38 AM »
   If you're worried about adjusting your zoom in the water column, the MarCum Lx-3 series and LX-5's  also have the adjustable zoom anywhere in the water column available in the 5ft. and 10 ft. variables. I know the discussion gets heated between Vex.'s and MarCums I don't want to start anything but I thought I would mention the water column zoom in the MarCums.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline hawgerdawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 27, 2006, 09:20 AM »
I agree with you, Travis. I wanted something that would work well for fishing both the softwater and ice. From what I've read, the x67c seemed like a logical choice. If I decide that I want a GPS unit, I'll get a handheld. Most of the waters that I fish aren't large enough to warrant that, though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.