Author Topic: Wolfram Jigs Review  (Read 6375 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Wolfram Jigs Review
« on: Mar 25, 2006, 01:10 PM »
Wolfram Jigs Review

This season I had a chance to try Fiskas Wolfram Jigs. I purchased variable sizes and colors for different situations from Your Bobbers Down. I was very happy with thier performance.
The hook on these jigs has to be one of the strongest hooks I've seen on a jig this size.
The jig is made of tungsten so they really have some weight to them. They get down quick and show up well on the flasher.
They have a subtle kicking action which seemed to trigger bites.
I purchased the handpainted jigs and they still appear to be in good shape after many outings.
Over the course of the season I caught sunnies, bluegills, perch, crappies, pickerel and lake trout on these jigs.

The only drawback is the price but you're paying for the tungsten and the hook.

I included a pic of a small lake trout I caught on the jig. (you can see the jig in the upper part of the pic)

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Wolfram Jigs Review
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2006, 02:40 PM »
You need not tell me about the quality of these jigs, Doug. I'm sold (much to my bride's dismay ::)
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2006, 05:47 PM »
They're the only jigs I lost this year because I fish them so much. Every now and then you can find them for less in bargain bins at a store in Hamburg, PA. Unfortunately, the don't have all the colors and sizes in the bargain bins.  I mostly use the 3mm's and 4mm's.  I like them because they fish bigger than they are(being they're made of tungsten). I just hope RG doesn't post his pics of them and make me jealous again.  ;D
Ken                                          

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2006, 06:24 PM »
My jig box would be full of them if they werent so darn expensive :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2006, 08:42 PM »
Fishingking....just don't tell your bride (if you're married). :angel

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2006, 06:26 AM »
I love these jigs!  One word of caution, don't try to bend the hooks because they break.  If you get one caught in something, you need to be very careful how you handle the hook they break easily.  Other than that I have no complaints.  I always have a pole rigged up with one.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2006, 07:49 AM »
They are a good jig from what I can tell, I didn't get any till late in the season, but they did work. They can be very cheep if you fish close to someone that break's them off on fish and then you get that fish later in the day :whistle: :roflmao:.
                                                   YOUR WELCOME
         Jim

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:04 AM »
They are a good jig from what I can tell, I didn't get any till late in the season, but they did work. They can be very cheep if you fish close to someone that break's them off on fish and then you get that fish later in the day :whistle: :roflmao:.
                                                   YOUR WELCOME
         Jim

Hey Now!!! I said Thank You!  And didn't I give you a bunch of wolfram jigs for FREE?   ;D
Ken                                          

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:09 AM »
Yes you did. I just got our cured ham's back from the butcher and have some ready for the pot. I'm already thinking about the wolfram jig's and bean soup ;) Shouldn't be long now. :'(
         Jim

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2006, 07:52 PM »
This is interesting?  ??? This is my second season using these jigs and mine are showing some battle scares. I loved them last year but they seem to be breaking and the paint is all coming off my hand painted jigs. maybe I am fishingthem to hard! LOL

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2006, 06:03 AM »
This is interesting?  ??? This is my second season using these jigs and mine are showing some battle scares. I loved them last year but they seem to be breaking and the paint is all coming off my hand painted jigs. maybe I am fishingthem to hard! LOL

LOL.  You Horser!!! You're pulling them so hard the paint can't stay on!
Ken                                          

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Apr 02, 2006, 02:28 PM »

Here's a pic of one jig :

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Apr 02, 2006, 03:06 PM »
Thanks very much LoneWolf.  I'll look for them in Ontario!

"Fishing World" in Hamilton, Ontario should carry them.
Ken                                          

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2006, 04:35 PM »

You're welcome TS !  ;)

Offline muskie_huntre

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 10:01 AM »
From handpaints to epoxies, balances and now spoons.  These have been a really good bait to have in the arsenal.  If you cant find them where you are, you can just go to www.yourbobbersdown.co m, and if you have any questions at all, write Jamie and he has a good habit of getting back to you pretty quick.  The guy just knows what customer service is all about.  Also a good ambassadeur to the sport,  he seems to be everywhere.

Right next to my Northland jigs for crappie, perch and walleye and Marmish jigs for gills and crappie, Fiskas are a bait well worth having.  My favorites after fishing four years with these are the blue handpaint, bus and yellow spot epoxies in the Wolfram jigs, 3-6 mm.  Need to use a glass to see the hole in the 2mm, but if you can thread them, a good bait to have for finicky gills and redear.
MASON

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2006, 09:31 AM »
I just made my second wolfram order yesterday, last year I gave them a try and loved them so I made a refill order this year,

the Fiska balances are also a great little jig. The onlt place I have ever seen them is at your bobbers down . com but the shipping is reasonable so it's worth the wait

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.