Author Topic: FLX 30 ????  (Read 6277 times)

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
FLX 30 ????
« on: Apr 21, 2014, 04:17 PM »
 heard they are coming out with a new vexilar again anyone heard ???? ;D
Never to many short poles

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: FLX 30 ????
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2014, 04:00 PM »
Interesting, I wonder what the new features will be? cup holder?  :P

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2014, 11:35 AM »
an auto rod jigger ;D

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2014, 01:45 PM »
I think it would work as well to buy what ever is the newest model every five years.  Trying to keep up with every years new model when theirs very little difference probably only gains you braggin rights and not any real changes.

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2014, 10:34 AM »
True, I got the FLX-28 last season on Black Friday from Reed's and I do not regreat the upgrade but I agree that upgrading every year is probably not necessary unless you have some sort of stipend from the company that sponsors you.

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 11:16 PM »
Idk I fish with guys that have all these features bottom zoom ect ect I have an 8se nothing to mess with but the fish coming off my hook! Lol

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 08:01 AM »
I wouldn't expect a new flasher from Vexilar this year as they just released the FLX-28 last year.  Just my two cents.

Offline gearheart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 11:42 AM »
Idk I fish with guys that have all these features bottom zoom ect ect I have an 8se nothing to mess with but the fish coming off my hook! Lol
Same here. Trouble is the old girl is nearly bullet proof. It does well enough that it will need to fail before I replace it. Might be up around flx50 before that happens.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2014, 10:15 PM »
The only thing i would like to see changed on the 28 would be a true flat screen. Couple of friends got 28's this last season and i did see an issue with snow building up in the screen.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Aug 07, 2014, 11:56 PM »
there is not going to be any new flashers from Vexilar this year. the only new product that is featured in the new catalog this year is a portable dvr recorder for the Vexilar fish scout cameras. then there is the partnership with Navionics where the sonar phone and the navionics app will be combined to give you a split screen option for having the sonar phone display on the one half of the screen and the Navionics GPS app on the other half of the display. there is a video on you tube that was shot at this years I-Cast show that talks about the partnership. this will only work right now on the IOS platform but the android version should be released yet this year if all goes right. 
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Cfilbert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 2014, 12:14 AM »
What I would be interested in seeing would be a true hardwater app based flasher.  Just think have the fishphone and the flasherphone on the same tablet with split screen.  I am not talking the sonarphone which might have its place just not on the ice. But a true transducer the extends past the ice.
Is the ice thick enough yet?

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Aug 08, 2014, 12:51 AM »
What I would be interested in seeing would be a true hardwater app based flasher.  Just think have the fishphone and the flasherphone on the same tablet with split screen.  I am not talking the sonarphone which might have its place just not on the ice. But a true transducer the extends past the ice.

I foresee something like that in the future but not any time soon. you're right the technology is there now it just needs to be made into a reality. I will have to talk to my connection at Vexilar and suggest this to them. I don't think writing a app for this would be that hard if they did it to get the sonar phone just use that but have the return signal be displayed on a flasher style screen instead of a graph format.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jul 04, 2020, 11:04 AM »
6 years later, ain’t that something. They sure do move fast  :whistle:

Offline nicholaaaas

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jul 04, 2020, 08:49 PM »
Now I have to decide between that and livescope

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jul 04, 2020, 09:39 PM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Now I have to decide between that and livescope

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Sep 18, 2020, 11:41 AM »
Livescope over Vex all day long. All season use with the Garmin. I love my Fl-20 dual beam and will never part ways with it but Livescope is amazing.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2020, 01:37 PM »
I checked one out at Scheels last week... its cool but im sticking with my FLX 28... for now anyway. ;D

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #17 on: Oct 11, 2020, 10:40 AM »
Call me old school but, if not for the FL-8 not having a bottom zoom, it would still be good enough for me.  Only reason I went to the 18.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.