Author Topic: Beaver Dam Hole Covers  (Read 6949 times)

Offline Doe

• IceShanty Rookie
Beaver Dam Hole Covers
« on: Dec 15, 2005, 02:59 PM »
Does anyone use the Beaver Dam hole covers?  I ordered three yesterday and wonder if it was a good purchase.  http://www.beaverdamtipup.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=24

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Re: Beaver Dam Hole Covers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2005, 11:04 PM »
Doe,  Those look interesting!  Can you let me know it those things are frisbees? or a legitimate hole cover.  Thanks  -Barleydog
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Doe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2005, 11:25 PM »
Doe,  Those look interesting!  Can you let me know it those things are frisbees? or a legitimate hole cover.  Thanks  -Barleydog

No problem.  I figured what's $12 and I also ordered one of their beanies.  8)

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2005, 12:09 AM »
Look forward to your report on the covers as well.  I was going to order a few items (covers too) but the shipping was almost as much as the items ($34 for shipping priority).  Canceled my order because I felt like it was a serious gouging on their part.  Still thinking of ordering the 3 pack of covers.

Did you notice the Packer colored ones ::)  Hope they work out well for you.

-Grizz

Offline Doe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2005, 07:32 AM »
Look forward to your report on the covers as well.  I was going to order a few items (covers too) but the shipping was almost as much as the items ($34 for shipping priority).  Canceled my order because I felt like it was a serious gouging on their part.  Still thinking of ordering the 3 pack of covers.

Did you notice the Packer colored ones ::)  Hope they work out well for you.

-Grizz

I went with the green and gold ones because I do a lot of night fishing and figured they would be easier to find than the black ones.  The shipping for a beanie and three hole covers was six something.

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2005, 09:03 PM »
I'll probably go with the green & cheese colored covers because green is my favorite color ;D

-Grizz

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2005, 09:47 PM »
Come on Grizz don't hate the Pack!  You know those guys don't party anything like your "Love Boat" group of convicts and misfits. :D  Be happy the Packers are in the basement this year... It won't last long! ;)
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2005, 12:49 AM »
I found myself cheering the Pack on when they played Da Bears :D.  It's too bad that the whole NFC North Div. stinks this year. >:( Maybe next season.

The Arctic covers look really nice though, I'll probably bite the bullet & get the 3 pak-in the green of course ;D

-Grizz

Offline Doe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2005, 02:13 PM »
They came yesterday.  FWIW my mom said they were made out of 1'' foam.  I'm hoping they're durable.

Offline tinboat

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fishing rules!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2005, 03:58 PM »
I made myself a set of hole covers for reel cheap. Bought a rollup foam pad for use under a sleeping bag; it'a abot 3/4 inch thick; $6 at Walmart. Used a 5 gallon pail to trace circles onto the pad, cut them out with scissors, I think I got 6 covers out of one pad; the pads come in differant colors. You can then slit them and make a center hole for the tip. Took me under 1/2 hour.
Gregg

Offline camo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It's not just for breakfast anymore!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2005, 08:25 AM »
I use the Styrofoam insulation 1" thick that is used for building construction, and cut a slit in it for my tip up. The tip up sits on the foam very nicely.

Offline settlepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2005, 10:53 AM »
Seems to me that they were a bit light for their intended purpose.

Offline tinboat

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fishing rules!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 25, 2005, 10:12 PM »
They work great; only improvement I'm going to make is to attach a 1oz weight to them; I was using them during a very windy snowstorm to keep the holes free of snow; got a flag and was playing the fist, cover got loose from tip, went blowing across the lake. It fetched up against my car on shore; wind was blowing 20 - 30 with higher gusts
Gregg

Offline Doe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2006, 12:17 PM »
Sorry for such a late reply.  They held up pretty good over the season.  I use them as a knee cushion when I get a flag, so they wont blow away. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.