Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Anyone headed to NE SD?  (Read 1448 times)

Offline ryan3703

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone headed to NE SD?
« on: Jan 11, 2019, 11:41 PM »
Just wondering if you have been or are planning a trip to the Webster area?  Heading up on the 23rd just figured i throw this thread out there since walking on water in Iowa is most likely done for the year.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Anyone headed to NE SD?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2019, 10:27 PM »
Just wondering if you have been or are planning a trip to the Webster area?  Heading up on the 23rd just figured i throw this thread out there since walking on water in Iowa is most likely done for the year.

Not sure where you are at in southern iowa, but we have a good 15in up north which is kinda thin right now for up here. Ice is very fishable.

I plan on going up that way, just haven't had the time lately. I had some friends go up that way and the fishing was so-so. Quality fish it was just a tuff bite. For general all around info, sportsmans cove is the place to call and can help you with any questions.

Offline cropee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2019, 12:26 PM »
Was up there 10 - 12th. Tough bite. Walleye bite on waubay was zero perch bite was tough managed four fish saturday. Marked fish all day on friday but only caught 2. Bitter was a bit better bite but all dinks. Pm n i can give u more info

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2019, 12:50 PM »
Was just up there. Walleye and perch bite on Bitter was great. Lots of sorting but lots of action. Some real nice fish caught too. I would say Bitter is going pretty good.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2019, 10:57 PM »
Was just up there. Walleye and perch bite on Bitter was great. Lots of sorting but lots of action. Some real nice fish caught too. I would say Bitter is going pretty good.

Glad to hear. I think Bitter is in its rebound cycle on perch....I've heard lots of nice eater walleye outta bitter this year.

Offline ryan3703

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2019, 08:35 AM »
thanks for the info! headed up Friday more than likely will be fishing north of the big lakes since we are staying in 20 miles north of Webster.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2019, 08:42 AM »
Headed up the third week of February. Looks like we will be focusing some time on bitter this year. Where is a good place to access Bitter?

Offline mlee3553

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2019, 03:50 PM »
We were up there over the 11-14, fished Bitter, first couple days were tough couldn't really find anything with any size.  Sunday we went deeper 26+ fow and away from people and did pretty darn well, lots of eater walleye and quite a few nice keeper perch.  Big pressure ridge a ways east of west boat ramp, we were able to get around it on Atvs snow is pretty deep in places and made getting around a little tough.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.