Author Topic: Bay Of Quinte Walleyes  (Read 1016 times)

Offline NY Trout Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Bay Of Quinte Walleyes
« on: Feb 19, 2007, 10:49 AM »
Im taking a trip to the bay of quinte next weekend and havnt ever been there before. Im staying in Desoronto and plan on fishing about 30 mins south of Napanee off of Hay Bay North Shore Rd. Does anyone have any other suggestons on where to fish? Also, i've only fished for eyes on open water, why are the big fish from the lake up in the bay durring the winter? ANY info would be a great help, thanks!

~Trout Hunter

Offline fish_boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quinte Walleye
Re: Bay Of Quinte Walleyes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2007, 01:39 PM »
Im taking a trip to the bay of quinte next weekend and havnt ever been there before. Im staying in Desoronto and plan on fishing about 30 mins south of Napanee off of Hay Bay North Shore Rd. Does anyone have any other suggestons on where to fish? Also, i've only fished for eyes on open water, why are the big fish from the lake up in the bay durring the winter? ANY info would be a great help, thanks!

~Trout Hunter

You can also try off of Point Anne and fish the big bay area. I'm normally only out in big bay. It's been a long time since I"ve travelled down to the Deserento area.  There is also the Big Island shoal area to try. I'm normally off of Massasauga point area. Been in that area for years and done very well.

Regards
fish_boy

PWR BAIT

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2007, 02:01 PM »
I have fished hay bay straight out from perfect view lodging in about 22 to 24 fow. That is a good place for big walleyes they feed on small perch which can be a pain when you are ice fishing  ::) .Allot of walleyes will stay close to there spawning grounds and if the forage is there they will stay.(lures) BIG jigging raps,cast masters,swedishpimples,spoons etc.A little advice if the small perch are stealing your minnows use minnow heads and put them on the shank of your treble hook you wont go through as many minnows its a pain but it works hope this helps you out PWR BAIT.

Offline NY Trout Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2007, 10:38 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, im really looking forward to this trip and by the sounds of things, i wont be dissapointed. Ill be sure to give a report on how things went as well as pics with any luck.

;) :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.