The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New to the Fourm  (Read 488 times)

Offline Mike_Fleeman47

• IceShanty Rookie
New to the Fourm
« on: Jan 29, 2019, 03:01 PM »
Just getting into ice fishing this winter. Was up in New York on crystal lake for the kids tournament with my buddy and his kid last weekend and caught the ice fishing bug with that being my first successful trip on the ice. Found it to be a great remedy for my normal cabin fever this time of year. Just invested in a vexilar flasher, a few rod combos, and a variation of tiny spoons and jigs. Hoping to put in some time on some safe ice in the next month or so if the weather cooperates.  Being from Lancaster, PA safe ice is a bit of a drive (maybe not after the next few days). Hoping to get up to either sayers or hillscreek this weekend if the ice isn't there on ontelaunee or scotts run. Joined the group to learn a few things about finding safe ice and hopefully some tips on fishing it. Ice conditions would also be a huge plus being that I have to make a heck of a drive if im looking to drill a few holes!

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New to the Fourm
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Welcome aboard, Mike. Lots of info and ideas to be found here. Enjoy your stay here!

Offline cajuntony

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Welcome Mike tight lines n be safe

Offline wayno2469

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Welcome. Once you make a few posts, you can access the reports and conditions page and there is a lot of info available there. Enjoy the addiction, and have fun. Stay safe. :icefish:

Offline Mike_Fleeman47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2019, 05:27 PM »
Appreciate the warm welcome! Already digging into the forum and finding some great info. Being mainly a river fisherman in the open water seasons I have alot to learn.

Offline minnook

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2019, 05:27 PM »
welcome

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2019, 08:34 PM »
Welcome to Ice Shanty. I have friends in Reading while visiting with them have made the drive to Cabelas in Hamburg quite the place. I would watch their website Ice fishing gear should be going on clearance next month.
Steve

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2019, 10:01 PM »
Welcome to the site, there's lots of great people here who will help answer your questions, and tons of info.  Have a safe season.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2019, 04:15 AM »
Welcomd

Offline oilcityjeff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2019, 08:54 AM »
Also new to posting on site.  Don't ice fish any more but enjoy reading about others outings.

Offline Ismellfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2019, 03:03 PM »
What part of lancaster? I'm down in delco and everywhere is a drive for me. Struble should be fishable this weekend if not theres leaser and mauch chunk should be shorter drive for you. I know Scott's run is still drawn down for damn repair from the fall and wasnt stocked with trout, hopewell I believe has ice too but not a lot

Offline Black Jack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2019, 06:48 AM »
Welcome aboard. Lots of knowledge and helpful people on the board.

Offline kmu70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2019, 07:36 AM »
Also new to posting . Longtime icefisherman .looking to gain some knowledge or share my knowledge

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.