New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Is anyone up for a gathering on Lake George?  (Read 17787 times)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Is anyone up for a gathering on Lake George?
« Reply #90 on: Feb 11, 2010, 07:04 AM »
I only live 20 minutes away from a good chunk of Lake George. If someone wants to plan a pregame, have at it. As I said I won't be able to commit for now. I'll be there long before daylight to stake my claim for the day. Let's hope for some decent weather.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline Salmon_Run

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired and enjoying it !!!
« Reply #91 on: Feb 11, 2010, 07:20 AM »
In am in as well...just remember the winter carnival will be in town and not sure what they have at the beach that Sunday.

Dan
Fish hard and live long !!!!!

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Feb 11, 2010, 07:38 AM »
I will toss this out.
I am working in Rochester. I know that it's tough for some of you guys up north this time of year. Been  there done that. I like talking about fishing with others that like fishing too. My kid love the outdoors as well as me. When I was a kid Grampa had a place up north and I grew up spending summers fishing and playing in the woods near Inlet. I don't have a place to take my kid up north. So this is probably the only chance I have to get him out with some guys that know their way around on the KIng.
So my point is, I always good for a few pitchers of beer and a few dozen wings. So lets really try and make this a meet and greet weekend. I have some great Finger Lakes fishing spots I can hook any of you guys up north with if you can make it to Rochester. It would be great to see a face behind the posts

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #93 on: Feb 11, 2010, 08:18 AM »
What are the regulations for bringing an atv out onto the ice to pull my sled around?
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline dav

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • dav, no better time to wet your line.
« Reply #94 on: Feb 11, 2010, 10:40 AM »
What are the regulations for bringing an atv out onto the ice to pull my sled around?

Launching at the MDB requires regi, ins and helmets with a hard bar for towing. I was there last weekend and was checked by undercover DEC (plain clothes and unmarked vehicle). I am all legal and no problems....

FYI

dav
FIND PEACE, LOSE YOURSELF IN NATURE....

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Feb 11, 2010, 10:43 AM »
Launching at the MDB requires regi, ins and helmets with a hard bar for towing. I was there last weekend and was checked by undercover DEC (plain clothes and unmarked vehicle). I am all legal and no problems....

FYI

dav
The Undercover Boys are out on Irondequoit Bay as I type. Nice Undercover DEC and they all have Guns......
Don't Shoot I'm only Fishing.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Feb 11, 2010, 02:06 PM »
In am in as well...just remember the winter carnival will be in town and not sure what they have at the beach that Sunday.

Dan
This will be the first weekend after the carnival.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #97 on: Feb 11, 2010, 05:39 PM »

FYI

dav

Reg and ins with a helmet is no problem, but a hard-bar for towing a sled?  Its common sense so you sled doesnt crash into you when you slow down, but a regulation?
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #98 on: Feb 11, 2010, 07:41 PM »
I'll probably stop by in the afternoon.  By then, it should be pretty evident where the hot bite is :whistle: :whistle:

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Feb 11, 2010, 08:19 PM »
im just a little curious here. will there be something set up to indicate the gathering. or is it more or less show up at mdb start fishing and mingle around with everyone out there. ill probibly be on the ice no later then 5-530 (i like to have tip ups in with time to relax during sunrise) and im assuming that most guys wont be out that early. just wondering how we will nkow whos there for the gathering and whos just there fishing and doesnt know what iceshanty is. either way well sure meet a lot of new people out there that day.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Feb 11, 2010, 08:56 PM »
I'm not sure if I will be there THAT early  :o. You don't play games jimi. I do plan to be on the ice before daybreak though. My brother is cool enough to bring my kids a little later on and bring them home when they've had enough. He will have my niece with him as well. So don't leave the kiddos behind fellas. I will have a black Eastman Ice Cube portable up. My buddy Combsey will have a Shappell6000 up. Also a cube style. I'm working the boss for a banner. If it's not horriblly windy and we can figure it out, it will be attached between the two cubes.
I'll be wearing a black IS hoodie and skull cap because I'm corny and superstitious like that  ;D. The hoodies catch fish...serious.
If we end up with even half the guys that have shown interest we are going to have a good chunk of water covered on the local jiggers. I'm sure some of them may not care for all of us being there, especially the week after the carnival. If they don't know what Iceshanty.com is now...They will THEN! We have a cool  8) group of guys brewing here so I think we'll make some new friends out there. If the truck can drive on the ice. I may bring the laptop. It would be neat to be able to show off the site on the spot when someone asks.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Feb 11, 2010, 09:01 PM »
ill be in a blue clam expedition. im coming with one of my buddies. hes a chef so maybe i can get him to whip up a chili or something from the resteraunt. ill be out in a little deeper water though. im hoping to get into some lakers. but ill come in and visit the jiggers. maybe learn a thing or two seeing how i seem to  fail with a jigging rod.

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Feb 12, 2010, 05:10 AM »
ill probibly be on the ice no later then 5-530 (i like to have tip ups in with time to relax during sunrise)
That's just the way I like to start my day. Get everything set up before sunrise. Have coffee and relax. Mind if my son and I set up our tipups in the area? Can we join you early? I never got a big Laker jigging. Just little ones. I need to learn.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Feb 12, 2010, 06:01 AM »
iv only ought a couple big ones and it wasnt that area. but your more then welcome to meet me and my buddy up there and set up with us. word is the lakers are all over that time of year and sense the carnival keeps guys off the ice it could be a great spot. im just gonna go out and find the deeper water and set up. see how i do.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Feb 12, 2010, 06:41 AM »
The last couple years I have done fairly well with lakers on tipups. I too have issues jigging for them though. Just yesterday I spent most of my day jigging for them to come up empty. I head into a bay to jig perch and I finally hit a laker. I was using an UL with 2# test and a tiny marmooska. At 22" I was shocked I even landed it.
I will probably set up closer in toward the perch. This way we will be easier to find and I can greet fellow users on the way out. I may join you guys that early though.
On this note we will also set our spot in stone. Million Dollar Beach it is!

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #105 on: Feb 12, 2010, 06:55 AM »
I'm in for Sunday the 7th @ MDB! I can't guarentee an arrival time, thats all based on the amount of beers I have the night before, but I'll be there! I'll be in tan bibs, black jacket, black hat, dark blue Shappell 2.0DX with a black Polaris quad. Maybe alone, maybe with 4 others, who knows. But count me in, I put it on the calender so the ol' lady knows I'm goin!! I probably won't catch a damn thing, but i never do, i just enjoy gettin out! ha ha. See you all then or sooner!   :icefish:
When the waters hard, so am I.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #106 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:39 AM »
prchslyer   ill bring a couple wheelers if you don't want to take your truck out  or sleds   7th mdb  ill be there at 5 or so   plus with the wheelers we can head out to the deeper water so we can try for some lakers
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #107 on: Feb 12, 2010, 09:31 AM »
Thanks Combsey that will definitely make life easier. I doubt my junk will be able to deal with any snow on the ice. Ill show up at the same time as you. You have to let me pay for bait this time man. I doubt ill do much laker chasing. Ill probably set out 5 tipups for lakers and chill. If we end up with a big crowd I may not do much jigging until uncle Tank shows up with the kiddos. Ill probably do some socializing between flags. I guess we'll see what happens that day. You know how I roll. I'm going to coin myself the ADD fisherman. Ill fish for whatever feels like biting.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Feb 12, 2010, 12:35 PM »
ill be there at 5 also. looks like a few guys are gonna be there that early. it would be nice to set up at the same time that way we can grid off a big area with the tip ups. someone is bound to get a good one or two or well you get the point. its gonna be cool to meet all you guys though looking forward to it.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #109 on: Feb 12, 2010, 02:24 PM »
k who's going to be up for meeting at MDB at  say 530?

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #110 on: Feb 12, 2010, 02:29 PM »
k who's going to be up for meeting at MDB at  say 530?
I am in from Rochester so I will be up Friday or Sat. Depends on the Hotel deals I can find. Nothing fancy or too cheap. Days Inn  or something like that. It's a pretty good drive for us. But we're tough so we can ake it as early as possible. We will be bring live bait with us. We will be ready first thing.

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #111 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:11 PM »
I'm gonna shoot for 5am, but if it's 5:30, don't hang me. This is looking like a nice event to even take it easy on the brews for! I'm also excited to meet y'all. not that we talk much much, but hard water fishermen should all be friends. like i said, look for the shappell 2.0DX and the black polaris. For an early glimpse, come to vets tomorrow. I'll be out jiggin away!

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:33 PM »
I hope noone took my post against alcohol as being a shot at drinkers. I have no issues at all...believe me. I don't want to take anyone out of there zone. Just being safe is all.

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #113 on: Feb 12, 2010, 10:28 PM »
I hope noone took my post against alcohol as being a shot at drinkers. I have no issues at all...believe me. I don't want to take anyone out of there zone. Just being safe is all.

So yes to the keg then? Haha, no i unfortunately can't make it that weekend unless i pull off a miracle and get 10 days of work done in 6 days. Make sure you bring some cameras though. I've seen the WNY gatherings and wish we had a local one for a while. Hopefully it can become an annual event and I can make it next yr. good luck guys

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Feb 13, 2010, 04:10 AM »
So yes to the keg then? Haha, no i unfortunately can't make it that weekend unless i pull off a miracle and get 10 days of work done in 6 days. Make sure you bring some cameras though. I've seen the WNY gatherings and wish we had a local one for a while. Hopefully it can become an annual event and I can make it next yr. good luck guys
I didn't want people to think it's going to be some kind of uptight crew. The guys that I know personally that are joining us are definitely NOT uptight. I would just hate to see ECO or Sheriffs come out and scratch open container tickets at something I had a hand in. I also want people to feel welcome to bring there little ones.
That sucks that you can't join us trout. I'm sure I'll bump into you again this year out there though. Hopefully it will become a yearly tradition. I'm shocked this isn't done more often on the KING.
I know I will have my camera out there. Combsey can posts pics on the spot with his phone. My phone has the capabilities to do it but...I don't. I should stop at Verizon beforehand.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #115 on: Feb 14, 2010, 06:40 AM »
just looking to see roughly how many plan on being there at around 530 or so  and who's looking for the lakers

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Feb 14, 2010, 07:32 AM »
i;ll be there friday afternoon. i;m not sure if i will try vets park on saturday then come to the get together sunday but i will be looking to get into some lakers. i will be there at 5;30 walt

Offline fishngameguy2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #117 on: Feb 14, 2010, 07:55 AM »
I'll be there looking to jig up some lakers at 5:30.  I'll bring a couple gallons of coffee...Hot not Iced....for anyone else that is there at that time.  I can help set up and do whatever needs to be done for the day.Or Saturday night, let me know.  More interesed in the get together, meeting fellow hardwater diehards, maybe some "piggybacking" ::)LMAO!!!  Let me know how I can assist. HF

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #118 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:13 AM »
5:30? yes. Lakers? maybe. Depends on the mood. I might just set the shanty, drop a line and wander around once the bite slows down.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #119 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:29 AM »
ill be there at 5 but depending on how thick the ice is i might still be hand drilling my holes at 530. ill have the blue clam expedition set up so come say hello. or you can just find the guy with christmas lights on his tip ups thats are going off left and right haha ill be him. how deep a water do guys set up ofr lakers at mdb. iv been studying the map and it looks like to get to 80-100 foot you gotta go out pretty far and i dont want to get too far from the crowd that i cant walk back in and chat with guys.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.