Author Topic: New Fishin Buddy  (Read 1879 times)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
New Fishin Buddy
« on: Nov 18, 2023, 09:25 AM »
Brought home a new buddy... Hoping she'll get big enough and put on enough of a coat in time to hit the ice on nice days a few times this winter. Her name is Dovahkiin, some younger members might get that but most will have to google. Barely 9 weeks this morning and every bit the tiny razer toothed monster they all are at this age lol...

"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline bigvfb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: New Fishin Buddy
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2023, 01:32 PM »
take an old piece of carpet with you for him to lay on

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2023, 03:26 PM »
I am also Dovah Kin, born and raised.  ;) Congrats buddy! Dog couldn’t find a better owner or friend.  :tipup:
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2023, 08:23 AM »
Thanks Frank, I do call her "Dovah" lol.
Good to see you're able to post again.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2023, 12:54 PM »
Congrats on the new pup Ray…
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline FishingFredrik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2023, 09:12 PM »
Awesome pup! Congratulations on the decision. /F
Luck is only a small part of it.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2023, 09:13 PM »
Good lookin pup!
Tight Lines!

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2023, 05:48 AM »
Great looking pup she'll keep you on your toes for awhile!! congrats
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2023, 05:49 AM »
Congrats Ray.... enjoy the puppy stage...

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2023, 07:02 AM »

She’s beautiful,

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2023, 10:00 AM »
Aww she looks like a sweetie! May you have many fishing adventures together for many years.

Admittedly, I googled.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2023, 06:23 AM »
One lucky pup! Congrats pal
Just add water.

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2023, 07:45 AM »
Nice looking pup congrats to both of you.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2023, 07:54 AM »
Thanks everyone, Its good to hear a critter running around the house again.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Nov 27, 2023, 10:54 AM »
Congrats brother!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2023, 05:06 PM »
That’s awesome ..enjoy your new pup
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 27, 2023, 06:56 PM »
I saw your post on the CD thread, and I didn't want to upset the balance there, so I'm hijacking here instead lol.

I just bought a tractor today, and now I want beet juice. Probably too late to haggle. I'm also really excited that I just bought a tractor. Oh wow I just realized that I can drive it down to the pond and plow out the parking lot if nobody does it. Good place to practice!  :roflmao:

Okay, back to adorable puppy! Will she be a hunting dog?

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 28, 2023, 07:46 AM »
I saw your post on the CD thread, and I didn't want to upset the balance there, so I'm hijacking here instead lol.

I just bought a tractor today, and now I want beet juice. Probably too late to haggle. I'm also really excited that I just bought a tractor. Oh wow I just realized that I can drive it down to the pond and plow out the parking lot if nobody does it. Good place to practice!  :roflmao:

Okay, back to adorable puppy! Will she be a hunting dog?

Dovah won't be a hunting dog, just a family dog...

I'll tell you the story that started that conversation about beet juice... We have a small 4x4 diesel John Deere tractor at the shop to snow blow the lot and mow the yard. One morning I noticed one of the back tires was low and went to put air in it, the valve stem cap was stuck on the stem so I grabbed pliers to get a better grip. When I twisted the cap with pliers the stem broke off and sprayed me head to toe, in my eyes and mouth, up my nose, everywhere with what at the time I thought was soy sauce, I got cleaned up enough to get in my car and drove home to shower and change, while I was there I got a hold of Richard to see if a wise old farmer knew why I had tractor tires full of soy sauce. He got a good chuckle from my story and explained that beet juice is used as liquid ballast in the tires because it wont freeze till -35, it's very heavy at 11 pounds per gallon and not harmful at all if spill on the ground.
I don't remember ever asking Richard a question he didn't have the answer for...

Congrats on the tractor, your yard will never be the same lol

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 28, 2023, 07:42 PM »
Dovah won't be a hunting dog, just a family dog...

I'll tell you the story that started that conversation about beet juice... We have a small 4x4 diesel John Deere tractor at the shop to snow blow the lot and mow the yard. One morning I noticed one of the back tires was low and went to put air in it, the valve stem cap was stuck on the stem so I grabbed pliers to get a better grip. When I twisted the cap with pliers the stem broke off and sprayed me head to toe, in my eyes and mouth, up my nose, everywhere with what at the time I thought was soy sauce, I got cleaned up enough to get in my car and drove home to shower and change, while I was there I got a hold of Richard to see if a wise old farmer knew why I had tractor tires full of soy sauce. He got a good chuckle from my story and explained that beet juice is used as liquid ballast in the tires because it wont freeze till -35, it's very heavy at 11 pounds per gallon and not harmful at all if spill on the ground.
I don't remember ever asking Richard a question he didn't have the answer for...

Congrats on the tractor, your yard will never be the same lol

:roflmao: :clap: I'll bet he got a good chuckle! I had to walk away from this reply and chuckle for a minute myself (only because I know about beet juice now, I was forewarned!).

I will have before and after pictures;
1. the rock I'm going to pick up with the backhoe
2. the annihilated yard around the rock I was going to pick up with the backhoe. the rock remains.

And to stay on topic, please give Dovah an ear scritch from Auntie Guinea.  :)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 2023, 08:54 AM »
:roflmao: :clap: I'll bet he got a good chuckle! I had to walk away from this reply and chuckle for a minute myself (only because I know about beet juice now, I was forewarned!).

I will have before and after pictures;
1. the rock I'm going to pick up with the backhoe
2. the annihilated yard around the rock I was going to pick up with the backhoe. the rock remains.

And to stay on topic, please give Dovah an ear scritch from Auntie Guinea.  :)

LOL, sounds about right. You'll get it figured out... After all, once you've ruined your yard learning you will have the tool to fix it...

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 30, 2023, 01:36 PM »
Fantastic! It's hard to get over losing one but bringing a new member to the pack helps greatly. Congrats!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #21 on: Dec 25, 2023, 03:18 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss Ray. It seems a new chapter with a new fishing buddy has just started. Here's to many years with your new partner !
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.