Author Topic: Great conditions this morning  (Read 1756 times)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Great conditions this morning
« on: Dec 23, 2018, 12:58 PM »
Got out for a few hours this morning... Got to the pond around 6:30 and found all the standing water had locked nicely. Dragging the bayrunner was more than easy, half of my walk out was actually spent walking behind it while the wind pushed it along and I kept the brakes on. Brought the hound out for the first time this year though she spent most of the time inside other than one spot where the ice was rough enough for her to grip. Had around 6" everywhere I checked. Got a few flags, but most came from jigging inside... was pretty chilly with the wind. Not bad at all considering what we had going on Thursday and Friday... Good luck out there, be safe.

"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Great conditions this morning
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2018, 01:49 PM »
Nice going, glad you made it out safe. What do you use for a portable?

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Great job!! glad things locked up nicely. Didn't want to brave down south here was still open water on edges. 
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2018, 02:02 PM »
I too wanted to head out this morning lv2 hunt but too nervous after checking the edges of a pond up here in Concord, hoping for wed.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2018, 03:44 PM »
I too wanted to head out this morning lv2 hunt but too nervous after checking the edges of a pond up here in Concord, hoping for wed.
I hear ya there hoping for next weekend been itching to get out and reading all of these posts is not making it easy. I got a buddy up in concord keeps wanting to get together to do some crappie fishing up there can't wait.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2018, 04:46 PM »

My son and I tried too... was dangerous! The edges were clear 2 feet out ... I stepped on the ice and it broke out 4 feet!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2018, 05:44 PM »
Sweet . Great report. :tipup:
Salmonemia

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2018, 10:18 PM »
Thanks guys, Bikr its a shappell bayrunner.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 25, 2018, 05:53 AM »
Nice trip!  I also enjoyed some prime ice conditions:

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 25, 2018, 06:14 AM »
Thats awesome
Salmonemia

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 25, 2018, 07:06 PM »
So sweet. I didn't get any time on the ice this past weekend with family commitments. Hopefully you guys got fishy.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2018, 08:17 AM »
Nice trip!  I also enjoyed some prime ice conditions:

Nice... love being able to watch the fish through clear ice like that.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 26, 2018, 08:21 AM »
So sweet. I didn't get any time on the ice this past weekend with family commitments. Hopefully you guys got fishy.
We had great conditions all weekend... The fish just weren't on, we were catching but no real size or numbers... riding the tail of that full moon didn't help. Either way tough to beat 6 trips before Christmas. What a season so far...

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 26, 2018, 08:50 AM »
Great report  :tipup:
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline merk42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2018, 10:22 AM »
Great conditions on our little pond too! We moved the  [Northern Fabric Solutions] hardside out yesterday on 12-13 inches of different colored ice. It was so beautiful yesterday we didn't turn the heater on or go inside but to clean up a bit... We had about 3/4 of an inch of snow and the dogs had good enuf footing to enjoy the day. Got 2, two lb smallies and a slime dart. There is nothing quite like getting setup for the season.  We grilled venison backstrap... traditional first meal at the Bobhouse for us, So good luck to everyone getting out there and be safe and sensible....most of the time  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.