Author Topic: rescue going on at nubanusit  (Read 3548 times)

Offline icefsh4gold

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got pliers?
Re: rescue going on at nubanusit
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2011, 03:00 PM »
Would be great but I don't ever see that happening because then they would have liability issues posting such information. Some lakes do have warnings but sad to say that this is the one that gets all of our attention.
yeah, because if they say that its safe to go on say, january 20th, if someone goes through the state couldget sued

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot"-Steven Wright

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Can't catch em from the couch.
« Reply #31 on: Jan 09, 2011, 04:59 PM »
yeah, because if they say that its safe to go on say, january 20th, if someone goes through the state couldget sued
Not just that but do we really need to be further regulated by the state. It was an unfortunate accident and I feel for the faimily of the gentalman involved. But I don't need to be protected by the government or want them telling me when I can and cannot go on the ice. There is a risk we take icefishing.

Offline fishingwithkids

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • pop your magic twanger froggy........
« Reply #32 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:33 PM »
Not just that but do we really need to be further regulated by the state. It was an unfortunate accident and I feel for the faimily of the gentalman involved. But I don't need to be protected by the government or want them telling me when I can and cannot go on the ice. There is a risk we take icefishing.

nicely put swampdonkey

Offline banman1960

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2011, 12:51 PM »
I read that the man who drowned couldn't swim. Maybe wearing a life vest would be wise for those who ice fish and don't swim...especially early season. So sad.....

Offline sorelippin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2011, 01:09 PM »
early season, mid season, or late season.........there's really no such thing as SAFE ice, EVER.  You do your best to prepare and the rest is in God's hands.  T & P to the fisherman and his friends and family :(

Offline icefishingNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Preparation + Opportunity = Luck
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2011, 01:45 PM »
I read that the man who drowned couldn't swim. Maybe wearing a life vest would be wise for those who ice fish and don't swim...especially early season. So sad.....

I know that if I didn't know how to swim...I sure wouldn't be taking part in any water activities frozen or not without some kind of life jacket. I can swim but never tried in the middle of winter with a lot of cloths on so that's why I wear Innovative Designs Inc. Arctic Armor. The best $340 I've ever spent! Especially now that my 5 year old goes fishing with me just about every time I'm out ;)

It's really sad that it happened & I feel bad for the family :(

I'm Old Enough To Know Better...But Young Enough Not To Care.

Offline Boulderbronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 11, 2011, 05:14 PM »
Not just that but do we really need to be further regulated by the state... I don't need to be protected by the government or want them telling me when I can and cannot go on the ice. There is a risk we take icefishing.
Exactly!  Well said.  We have enough rules and regulations in this country.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.