Author Topic: Black Perch  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Icefish_master

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have a crappie day!
Black Perch
« on: Feb 09, 2004, 02:23 PM »
I have been catching what are supposed to be yellow perch, but they are a dark shade of black with white bellys. I'll post a pic sometime soon so you can see for yourself. I have never seen them this color before up until this season.
Just call my name 'cause I'll hear you scream MASTER! MASTER!

Offline firsticerules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get out be happy!
Re: Black Perch
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2004, 06:50 PM »
it could be the surroundings and structure that the fish were hiding in. i know this is true in bluegils.

FORGET MILK.......GOT ICE?

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2004, 07:28 AM »
Just wondering about that Cross bread lol did Jesus make it? And where can i buy it/>? LOL jj Germs getting tired again and i think everything is funny then. I agree with the fact i think it might be its surroundings effecting the scale color. Post the picture and we can see then.
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2004, 05:19 PM »
I'd love to see a pic too.  Like the other guys said, it's probably environmental.  Seems like fish in dark stained water have more pronounced and darker colors.  Fish in real clear water are usually more bland looking.  Makes sense, camoflage.  I caught one perch while trout fishing in a little stream here in WI.  Way up in the middle of a big swamp.  No idea what he was doing way up there.  The stream is spring fed and very clear, and the perch was almost translucent.

kero
"An ounce of biology is worth a pound of tackle."

-Gord Pyzer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.