Author Topic: regular hook with grub or a jig  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Icefreak88

• IceShanty Rookie
  • WELL IM GONNA MISS HER
regular hook with grub or a jig
« on: Jan 26, 2004, 01:01 PM »
I have tried jigging with grub and with a regular jig at a a sand bar at indian point on lake bomoseen. I was wondering some other teckniques on getting some perch with a jig like what jig to use or bait

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re:regular hook with grub or a jig
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2004, 05:23 PM »
SOme sort of tear drop Jig ,,,We use them and their called ICe bugs. I tip them with a berkly's powerbait Maggot and sit it 6 inches from the bottom. I jig fro 3-4 jigs let sit for 2 seconds then pull up. Repeat untill your hand  falls off or you get a fish. If you feel solid when you pull up set the hook. Sometime they will hit on the standstill and just yank down. Anyhow that is what i do.Tight lines!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

sweet446

Re: regular hook with grub or a jig
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2004, 12:32 PM »
good advice germ thats what kinda i do.

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2004, 03:06 PM »
I do almost the same but i keep a steady jig, but very very small jiggin motion (.5") movement up n down it sometimes steers the lil ones away and attracts the big ones...or jus aggrivates them enuff to bite.
Jason

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2004, 08:13 PM »
Yep i do all sorts of jigs just depends on what else is going on..WInd condtions water clarity Depth im fishing in and weed height all matters to what i jig how i jig and how often. SImcoe is like hot for PErch where i am so ive had many hours of practice. Iv'e even made these home made rods out of Coat hangers that are drop resistant for People who tend to fall asleep in their huts (ie Germ after working all night) lol ANyhow try all sorts of things and just use what works!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.