Author Topic: Caught a nice laker today...funny story.  (Read 1976 times)

Offline 350 Mag

• Team IceShanty Regular
Caught a nice laker today...funny story.
« on: Apr 08, 2013, 11:26 PM »
Was jigging Walleye in 35 FOW...caught about 7 or 8 chunky walleye then NOTHING for 20 minutes....went to reel in and move to another hole and my hook got stuck on edge of hole(or so I thought  ???)....ended up being a 30+inch laker which must have been r suspended waaayy off the bottom OR he CHASED the hook on the way up and caught it....I fought him for around 10 minutes I was using a Jason Mitchell Meatstick with 5lb Trilene...I thought I had a huge walleye at a first because we have be catching some lunkers but when he went on about 10 runs and peeled off 30 ft of line at a time I knew it was a trout.  I was using a 1/8 ounce orange jig with a minnow.

I just started fishing this lake for the first time this year and it is pretty cool.  In same sets of holes you can get Perch, Whitefish, Walleye, Lakers, Burbot, and Pike...truly a unique lake...the most plentyful fish is Walleye, and Pike.

Lakers are fast becoming my favorite species to target...such a powerful fish and they don't nibble, short strike or fool around...they just smash the lure.

This was in Manitoba and they sure do a good job of conserving these fish...only limit of 1 and must be under 26".

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Caught a nice laker today...funny story.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2013, 04:28 AM »
Nice story!

WS

Offline Gregg123

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Caught a nice laker today...funny story.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2013, 05:53 PM »
sweet story thanks for sharing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.