Author Topic: What the  (Read 2791 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
What the
« on: Jan 20, 2024, 06:00 AM »
151 bucks to register a quad? Might be cheaper to drive around with it unregistered and take the fine
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What the
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2024, 06:04 AM »
A bit ridiculous isn’t it? 😡

Offline winnicookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2024, 06:24 AM »
Yea kinda crazy.  But I believe the fine is $248 for being unregistered.

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2024, 07:01 AM »
90 bucks in NH , just registered mine in November

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2024, 07:10 AM »
I think it cost less to register my Toyota tundra
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2024, 02:21 PM »
90 bucks is still too much when I only drive it on ice for 8 weekends a year
Another few years my quad will be an "antique" , still $55. Yea what a bargain
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2024, 07:43 PM »
Just registered mine today for $89.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2024, 07:54 PM »
It's also complete BS that an antique ATV or Trail bike is 25 years old but an antique snowmobile needs to be older than a 1994.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2024, 08:16 AM »
It's also complete BS that an antique ATV or Trail bike is 25 years old but an antique snowmobile needs to be older than a 1994.

Yeah, it used to be 25 years, now it's 30 for some reason, and I don't think it's easy to get the lifetime antique reg either. It used to be like $50 antique for a lifetime but now I think you have to pay antique yearly. Lucky I do so much trail riding, I just use my trail sled to fish with. Sill about $270 to reg in both NH and ME for the season. 
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2024, 08:54 AM »
Yup. Under current law, my year 2000 snowmobile will never be an antique. I wrote my state senator about it to b***h but never heard back.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2024, 10:25 AM »
Sounds like I got screwed..I think he registered me as a snowmobile and not an atv

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2024, 01:03 PM »
Sounds like I got screwed..I think he registered me as a snowmobile and not an atv
Sounds like it.
You now have a quad that identifies as a snowmobile.  ;D
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2024, 03:44 PM »
Sounds like it.

😂😂😂😂
Tight Lines!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2024, 05:48 PM »
Yeah, it used to be 25 years, now it's 30 for some reason, and I don't think it's easy to get the lifetime antique reg either. It used to be like $50 antique for a lifetime but now I think you have to pay antique yearly. Lucky I do so much trail riding, I just use my trail sled to fish with. Sill about $270 to reg in both NH and ME for the season.

Still a lifetime metal plate but if I remember it's $125. Easy to do just print a request form and fill it out and mail it to Concord with the check and they mail your plate. Just gotta be a 94' or older... I've got 2 vintage rigs with them. If you know anyone with a 94 Indy storm 800 triple triple let me know lol, pretty much the ultimate vintage plate rig in my eyes...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2024, 05:54 PM »
Sounds like it.

Yup, better watch your tailpipe...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2024, 09:33 AM »
Still a lifetime metal plate but if I remember it's $125. Easy to do just print a request form and fill it out and mail it to Concord with the check and they mail your plate. Just gotta be a 94' or older... I've got 2 vintage rigs with them. If you know anyone with a 94 Indy storm 800 triple triple let me know lol, pretty much the ultimate vintage plate rig in my eyes...

Oh that's good they still do permanent because eventually that's the way I'm going to go for fishing purposes. I'll keep an eye out for you for a Storm but that's going to be hard to find. The triples are in high demand now. I used to have a 95 XLT 600 triple and I'm sorry I sold that sled.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2024, 01:02 PM »
Trout stamps coming soon
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23, 2024, 01:07 PM »
Trout stamps coming soon

I remember NH trout stamps back in the 90s, or rather an equivalent Didn't stick around long.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 23, 2024, 08:41 PM »
You need to have a rear view mirror on ATV's now too. 

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 23, 2024, 10:53 PM »
I remember NH trout stamps back in the 90s, or rather an equivalent Didn't stick around long.

Wasn't it in the 90's the state when from a split license (Warm Water versus Cold Water) to a single license?

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 24, 2024, 06:27 AM »
Yeah, they did the split license for a few years in the early 90s. Same effect as a trout stamp as you had to pay more for the coldwater licence but you could fish for trout/salmon and warmwater species.

Offline Tjnedz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 24, 2024, 07:27 AM »
I just registered my 1970 Nordic in NH with a non-resident permanent plate, cost was $151. I don't mind paying year to year to ride the trails with my newer sled, that's the cost for being from out of state. I like to bring the older sleds to the derby and take a ride into Meredith. It gets expensive to pay a second registration for 1 weekend.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 24, 2024, 08:08 AM »
I just registered my 1970 Nordic in NH with a non-resident permanent plate, cost was $151. I don't mind paying year to year to ride the trails with my newer sled, that's the cost for being from out of state. I like to bring the older sleds to the derby and take a ride into Meredith. It gets expensive to pay a second registration for 1 weekend.

1970 Nordic... That's a sweet old rig, Hope to bump into you out there with it one of these derbies.

Offline Tjnedz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 24, 2024, 09:02 AM »
That would be great. Just got done rebuilding it. Look for the CT Nutmeg sticker on the windshield. It was on it when got it so I left it.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 24, 2024, 09:16 AM »
Nice! Looks great! This is what I'd be puttering around on. I went through it last summer, no real restoration just freshened the motor.. The rest is all just a 1200 mile barn find survivor from Jackman Maine... 1980 Kawasaki Drifter 440

Offline Tjnedz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 24, 2024, 09:22 AM »
Nice, I'll keep an eye out for you

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 25, 2024, 06:11 PM »
So we fixed the problem and received my 60 bucks back..had to call fish and game and notify them of the problem..

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 25, 2024, 08:00 PM »
So we fixed the problem and received my 60 bucks back..had to call fish and game and notify them of the problem..

Good for you! I don’t think they would have found their boo-boo and refunded you!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 26, 2024, 05:53 AM »
Good for you! I don’t think they would have found their boo-boo and refunded you!
at first he wanted me to do the leg work but then changed his tune when I was like screw it I’ll just go with registration and play dumb…not sure if they would receive a fine if they sent out a wrong registration ..I suggested they put a box on the reg that states quad or snowmobile.. I realize verbal confirmation should be enough but I assume there are so many machines out there it could get confusing

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2024, 07:15 AM »
That's cool... I woulda figured you just a bunch of confused looks and have to eat someone else's mistake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.