Author Topic: Garmin striker 4  (Read 797 times)

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Garmin striker 4
« on: Dec 13, 2017, 08:44 AM »
I have a Garmin striker 4 for my boat and for some reason never thought about using it on the ice. I know they sell an ice kit for it but today I'm gonna mount it and an extra battery in small tackle box. Won't cost me anything. I have a vexilar but thought it would be nice for buddies that come with me as an extra. It has flasher mode and I like that it displays temps and can mark waypoints. My question is has anyone used on on ice and noticed it picking up interference from other flashers?
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Garmin striker 4
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2017, 02:17 PM »

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2017, 02:47 PM »
does it have an ice ducer or a skimmer type ducer for in the boat?  I have 2 garmin 93sv units on my bass boat and if they are on the same frequency they will cross talk in deeper water even though the ducers are nearly 19 ft apart.  I would try to figure out the cone angle of the ducer to estimate it's coverage and if it only has one frequency setting then you may be at the mercy of others nearby on that same frequency.  If not fishing in a large group of close people, other than you and your guest then you should be able to change your vex's frequency with the interference button and that  may clear it up on the garmin.

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2017, 03:14 PM »
Thanks wax.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.