Author Topic: battery test?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
battery test?
« on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:11 AM »
Is there a way to test your vexilar battery? Thinking I need a new one but want to make sure its not my charger.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: battery test?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:46 AM »
Voltmeter .

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:47 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:50 AM »

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2017, 07:09 AM »
Sweet thanks...

Offline billyex99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2017, 10:30 PM »
Do you need to let the battery warm up any before charging?

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2017, 10:47 PM »
Do you need to let the battery warm up any before charging?

Its a good idea.  I bring my vex in and let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes then put it on the charger.  Had the same battery in it since I bought it.  Has to be 8 years old or so.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2017, 05:42 AM »
Its a good idea.  I bring my vex in and let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes then put it on the charger.  Had the same battery in it since I bought it.  Has to be 8 years old or so.

X2, Mine sits on a dish towel inside, thaws about an hour or so before charging.

I always went be the rule, charge the flasher at least the number of hours you have used it. Ice fish for 4 hours, charge it for at least 4 hours. I have had the same battery the flasher came with for nearly ten years now.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2017, 06:42 AM »
My battery is 10 yrs also and is stored in my heated barn. The video clearly explained to me that I need a new battery. So, I have googed it and prices are all over the charts! Ive seen them from 18$ to 65$.not sure if I should buy the 18$ replacement or spend the 38$ to 65$ on a new vexilar.....

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2017, 06:43 AM »
Batteries are only 15-20 dollars.  I try and keep mine charged after every trip but they do go bad every so often. Buy a couple of spares and have them ready... in the meantime you can build some underwater lights and or power your shanty with them.  Someone is always running out of battery on the ice.  I have given several of them away through the years.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2017, 08:02 AM »
My battery is 10 yrs also and is stored in my heated barn. The video clearly explained to me that I need a new battery. So, I have googed it and prices are all over the charts! Ive seen them from 18$ to 65$.not sure if I should buy the 18$ replacement or spend the 38$ to 65$ on a new vexilar.....
.      Get in on group buy, lithium for $69 I think

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.