Author Topic: Winter Storm : 12"-18" of snow on the way !!!!!!!  (Read 4638 times)

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
Re: Winter Storm : 12"-18" of snow on the way !!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 31, 2011, 04:59 AM »
Hope it turns on the bite!!!! Spring will be here soon enough, let's enjoy it as we can.

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
« Reply #31 on: Jan 31, 2011, 08:07 AM »
 @)  Cool site,thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline Weskimo1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:43 AM »
I have been holding out on taking the ATV, but it may be the only way to get out I get out on the ice if we get all that snow...man that will wear a guy out fast dragging a sled of gear in eaven 6 inches.  I will do what I must...fish on!  :icefish:

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:04 AM »
To put this into perspective....I want this to miss and I want the weathermen to be wrong. If we get the ice they are predicting, 10's of thousands of people will be without power for days if not weeks. The last time we had a severe ice storm 68 people in the affected area died. That was with moderate temps in the 40's after the actual storm. If we get the predicted temps with the possibility of over .8 inches of ice and 25 to 35 mph winds they are calling for, it will be ugly for aot of helpless people. Ice fishing is the least of my worries with this storm. For the northern guys....Ok you can deal with 18 inches of snow but throw the 30mph winds for 10 or 12 hours and you can see my concern. Let all of us great fisherman on this site remember our neighbors and all those who will need our help for their basic necessities during this storm. Of course if it turns out to be a dud, then game on and tight lines!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:08 AM »
To put this into perspective....I want this to miss and I want the weathermen to be wrong. If we get the ice they are predicting, 10's of thousands of people will be without power for days if not weeks. The last time we had a severe ice storm 68 people in the affected area died. That was with moderate temps in the 40's after the actual storm. If we get the predicted temps with the possibility of over .8 inches of ice and 25 to 35 mph winds they are calling for, it will be ugly for aot of helpless people. Ice fishing is the least of my worries with this storm. For the northern guys....Ok you can deal with 18 inches of snow but throw the 30mph winds for 10 or 12 hours and you can see my concern. Let all of us great fisherman on this site remember our neighbors and all those who will need our help for their basic necessities during this storm. Of course if it turns out to be a dud, then game on and tight lines!
True Good post. Look out for others!
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

Offline Greenedog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Shakamak Gill
« Reply #35 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:39 AM »
Well said Jigmup. I usually don't buy into the hype of the local weather people, but if we get half of the predicted 1.5 inches of ice, this is gonna get ugly. Especially followed up by single digit temps.

Offline Border Jumper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Must be here someplace??
« Reply #36 on: Jan 31, 2011, 02:42 PM »

True Good post. Look out for others!
  x2                                                                                                                                                               

Offline Flattop

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2011, 03:04 PM »
X3
In life "The day you quit learning, better be the day you quit"
"I learn something new every day, even if it's how not to do something"

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 31, 2011, 03:12 PM »
BRING IT ON.  I've got to work all week anyways and I want as much snow as possible on the ground so that when spring comes we get a good meltoff for the rivers ;D

Offline T.W

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 31, 2011, 03:40 PM »
I better get the gas can filled up and ready to turn the generator on.

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:31 PM »
Looks like it is coming together!!  Could be a nasty storm boys and girls.  If you do have to travel be very carefull out there

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #41 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:02 PM »
Worried about the ice and losing power here.  Total electric.  Had the 20# and the 5# tanks filled tonight, and bought another 20# filled just for insurance.  Hope it's not as bad as they say, but we have 1/2" of ice here already.  Started out as freezing rain and turned into ice crystals and it's still coming down.

-Jeff

Offline LPiceFishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 01, 2011, 11:37 AM »
I'm sure poor little Laporte will get the worst of it as usual. :(
Just joined PETA: people eating tasty animals

Offline jhc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 01, 2011, 12:45 PM »
LaPorte Is Truly our Snow Belt of Northern Indiana...
Be Safe Out there....

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #44 on: Feb 01, 2011, 01:50 PM »
think ill just throw a few more logs in the stove...toasty warm here..ohhh yaaaah

Offline socerplyr27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 01, 2011, 01:51 PM »
Out if all the times this storm has to come it has to come the week I'm suppose to go to lake Erie.  Suppose to leave Thursday hopefully the main roads will be cleared by then.

Offline pike seeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:28 PM »
if we get what they say we are going to get in snow I am packing all my ice fishing s#%t up 4 the season,postin my white ass at the crib,and getting my self ready 4 dare I say it open water fishing 4 big smallmouth on the river.dont get me wrong I love to ice fish but dragging all my stuff through a foot to afoot and a half of snow in no fun

Told my brother that i would tie the sled rope around my waste and push the snow blower in front of me to get to our spot.

Offline mark bass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 03, 2011, 07:30 PM »
to pikeseeker with regards to my comment by the time you , your rope ,snow blower and your brother get to your "spot" I will have boated over 30 smallmouth!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.