Author Topic: Meredith Derby.......  (Read 1053 times)

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
Meredith Derby.......
« on: Feb 12, 2018, 07:36 AM »
Anyone else go up to New Hampshire for the Meredith fishing derby this weekend?   I went up Thursday night and fished Manning Lake on Friday.  Cold day, hoping for a few Brook Trout.  Fished shallow in next to some downed trees (nothing).  A lot of little dink perch screwing up the day.   Did better Saturday for the derby. Fished a different lake for perch.  Beautiful day, took my sister and her husband out( Not ice fishermen). Got in about eight tipups before the flags started to fly.  Went through just over 4 dozen shiners in one day with the eight tipups.   Lots of big 12" perch with a few around 13.5 inches not quite big enough for the board.   Awesome day to be out and gret day of fishing, but had to come home Sunday morning.  Just wondering how everyone else did and how Sunday went?  Rained pretty steady all the way home.
The only time I learn something is when I'm not talking.

Offline MartyMarPlv

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Meredith Derby.......
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2018, 04:45 PM »
Wow, you guys did well. Good day of fishing. I was up there also. We did okay but nothing crazy. Caught some little cusk on the cusk lines. A few keeper lake trout but nothing board worthy. After dark the smelt came in and lit the flashers up like Christmas trees. We dropped some tiny tungsten jigs down to try and catch some and a big boy came in and grabbed mine. Wasn't easy bringing a laker in on 2lb test but I finally got him to the hole and then it happened.... the hook on the jig broke off as my buddy went in for the grab. Oh well.  :-\ ya land some, ya lose some. That's fishing. I fished for a little bit Sunday morning but headed in when the rain started to pick up.

Offline BigCountry17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2018, 11:18 AM »
I was up there...Check out my post on NH forum....Meredith Derby 2018...Did well catching cusks
Tight Lines...Grill Going...Beer In Hand....Life is Good!

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2018, 04:37 PM »
I went myself I was able to limit out on white perch and Lakers Jigged cusk at night got a few nice ones

Offline westfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2018, 05:56 PM »
how do the cusks taste?

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2018, 03:55 AM »
To me like cod

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor