Author Topic: Newbie....question on togue and other stuff  (Read 626 times)

Offline brookiechaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Newbie....question on togue and other stuff
« on: Jan 27, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Hey guys and gals,
New here and would like to say hey!  Got a couple questions

1. First of all just wondering what the census was here as far as spot burning.  I am also on stripers online and they have a fit if you talk about where to catch fish, I mean it gets ugly if you give a spot, or what is working.

2.The other question is I am looking at doing some jigging for togue.  The folks down here are successful with it and the more I listen at bait shops and to other fisherman alot of people seem like they do well catching togue jigging.  Just wondering what the lures of choice are.  I have seen people put 8-10 holes in the ice and move around hole to hole.  Either just moving location or working a change in depth on the bottom.  I always thought a 2 1/2 inch sluggo would work in a smelt color if smelts are in the lakes.  What do you look at for size and color choice.  Any info would be great thanks.

Fishing swanlake this afternoon for a couple hours.  Picked up a togue there the other morning in 5 feet of water just under the ice.  Blew my mind!  :o
Kids screaming and chasing flags...... that is what it is about!

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newbie....question on togue and other stuff
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2011, 12:11 PM »
Will send a note to a mod to move this to the general topic, or trout topic. This topic is for posting pics of your catch.

Offline brookiechaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Newbie....question on togue and other stuff
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2011, 03:03 PM »
Yeah sorry on wrong page when this thought hit me
Kids screaming and chasing flags...... that is what it is about!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.