Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1677942 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #5580 on: Oct 18, 2019, 12:02 PM »
Yes - I called and the Striker Ice Climate is $199 for shell and $199 for bibs, which seems like a good deal.  Is that about as low as they usually go and do they fit true to size?  Thanks!

If I recall correctly its not that unusual to get $50 off MSRP on the SI items.. there are better deals from time to time .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5581 on: Oct 18, 2019, 01:46 PM »
Dicks normally has sales at some point around Black Friday that is 20-25% off your entire order, I bought my Striker suit at that time, saved over $100. Could be something to keep in mind. :tipup:

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5582 on: Oct 18, 2019, 03:02 PM »
Fishusa.com 20 off 100 with code save20. On today's only order till midnight eastRen time..

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5583 on: Oct 18, 2019, 05:50 PM »
there seems to have been a couple of people that have had a problem with Fish USA.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #5584 on: Oct 18, 2019, 07:08 PM »
there seems to have been a couple of people that have had a problem with Fish USA.

I've been into FishUSA for at least 7 - 9 orders over the last few years and never had an issue. Just sayin"...
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5585 on: Oct 18, 2019, 08:05 PM »
3 orders and even all the way up to canada, fishusa has been good to go.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #5586 on: Oct 18, 2019, 08:20 PM »
I've been into FishUSA for at least 7 - 9 orders over the last few years and never had an issue. Just sayin"...

I never had a  problem for years...until that one time and it was not resolved due to an issue on their end.  And it was never resolved so, I'll just leave it at that.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline ndsumiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5587 on: Oct 18, 2019, 11:14 PM »
Reed's is having a sale for Ice season. Up to 10% on augers, and more.

Need to use the coupon code IceStore2019 and have to get it in the basically in the cart all the way to just before submitting the order to see what the price is exactly. 8" k-drill is $206.95 shipped free. I didn't test many other options yet, but could be some good options.

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5590 on: Oct 21, 2019, 06:43 AM »
Yes - I called and the Striker Ice Climate is $199 for shell and $199 for bibs, which seems like a good deal.  Is that about as low as they usually go and do they fit true to size?  Thanks!

I'm also wondering if these fit true to size as I don't have a store near me that sells these suits. I would imagine that this is a great deal considering they are usually around 580 for the whole suit. You also get a free pair of rigging gloves with your order as well. The only catch at Frank's is that you have to pay 20 dollars in shipping but still for less then 420 dollars you get the full suit and gloves that I imagine are at least 20 to 40 dollars in value for free

Offline ndsumiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5591 on: Oct 21, 2019, 07:00 AM »
January 10, I paid $168 for my Predator bibs from The Reel Shot thanks to this thread. They had a Striker sale, and free shipping. After reading about the different versions of Strikers, I thought the predator style would be warm enough and also be fine for moving a bunch. There's a rating system they use for X/10 for warmth and I thought that the climate was very close to the predator for warmth. I got XL and I'm 6'5" 230. Fit very well and still able to move easily.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5593 on: Oct 21, 2019, 07:46 AM »
http:// https://strikerbrands.com/pages/size-chart

Thanks for the chart. I should of been a little more specific with my question regarding sizes. I'm not a big dude by any means I'm about 5'9 at 145 lbs I see the mediums are roughly what I would need. With that said, anyone with the climate gear  ever  layer up when only using the bibs for a more milder day?  Should I go up a size on the bibs if I wanted to pack a sweatshirt and a few layers under that for the days that don't call for the jacket? Tha is in advanced.

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5594 on: Oct 21, 2019, 07:48 AM »
I'm also wondering if these fit true to size as I don't have a store near me that sells these suits. I would imagine that this is a great deal considering they are usually around 580 for the whole suit. You also get a free pair of rigging gloves with your order as well. The only catch at Frank's is that you have to pay 20 dollars in shipping but still for less then 420 dollars you get the full suit and gloves that I imagine are at least 20 to 40 dollars in value for free

I would say they fit true to size. I normally wear an xl shirt and ordered an xl jacket and xl bibs (Bib length is adjustable which is nice). Jack seems perfect size, enough room for layers underneath. I'm 6'1 and around 200-210 lbs

edit: just saw your last post, the bibs seem to have a decent amount of room for layers under them. They are warm enough that a lot of times I have my jacket on its not even zipped up, and sometimes i'm comfortable with just my hoodie and layers and just the bibs haha

Offline MC_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5595 on: Oct 21, 2019, 08:25 AM »
Thanks for the chart. I should of been a little more specific with my question regarding sizes. I'm not a big dude by any means I'm about 5'9 at 145 lbs I see the mediums are roughly what I would need. With that said, anyone with the climate gear  ever  layer up when only using the bibs for a more milder day?  Should I go up a size on the bibs if I wanted to pack a sweatshirt and a few layers under that for the days that don't call for the jacket? Tha is in advanced.

I have a Striker Climate and let me tell you what, you better be in Antarctica with a 50 mph wind if you're gonna put a few layers and a sweatshirt under that suit. Otherwise you'll probably get heat stroke unless all you are doing is sitting outside not moving.

It's freakin warm! Buy it true to size.  If you are intending to layer with only bibs, just wear long underwear, bibs, and then layer OVER the bibs for your sweatshirt/jacket/whatever

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5596 on: Oct 21, 2019, 08:37 AM »
I would say they fit true to size. I normally wear an xl shirt and ordered an xl jacket and xl bibs (Bib length is adjustable which is nice). Jack seems perfect size, enough room for layers underneath. I'm 6'1 and around 200-210 lbs

edit: just saw your last post, the bibs seem to have a decent amount of room for layers under them. They are warm enough that a lot of times I have my jacket on its not even zipped up, and sometimes i'm comfortable with just my hoodie and layers and just the bibs haha

Thank you for reaching out, much appreciated !!

It sucks I don't have access to try the suit on. I know that it's one of if not the best ice suits out there . Im usually out fishing 3 times a week. I figured may as well take the next step and get some reliable and safe outerwear. Any info and little quirks on these will help me out tremendously on which size I should get. Thanks again

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5597 on: Oct 21, 2019, 08:42 AM »
I have a Striker Climate and let me tell you what, you better be in Antarctica with a 50 mph wind if you're gonna put a few layers and a sweatshirt under that suit. Otherwise you'll probably get heat stroke unless all you are doing is sitting outside not moving.

It's freakin warm! Buy it true to size.  If you are intending to layer with only bibs, just wear long underwear, bibs, and then layer OVER the bibs for your sweatshirt/jacket/whatever

Thanks for the info. Iwould hope they are warm for that price. I just don't have anything to base them off of since I cant try them on.  Is the jacket a little big without the liner in it?

Offline Longshoremen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5598 on: Oct 21, 2019, 09:30 AM »
Thanks for the info. Iwould hope they are warm for that price. I just don't have anything to base them off of since I cant try them on.  Is the jacket a little big without the liner in it?
  I had bought the climate suit last year and I can tell you if you are a medium buy a large jacket the bibs are true to size but the jacket being a three in one was very snug  I returned the  climate suit in exchange for the hard water suit  and that  suit was true to size hope this helps 👍

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5599 on: Oct 21, 2019, 10:07 AM »
  I had bought the climate suit last year and I can tell you if you are a medium buy a large jacket the bibs are true to size but the jacket being a three in one was very snug  I returned the  climate suit in exchange for the hard water suit  and that  suit was true to size hope this helps 👍

Thanks for the info can I ask why you returned it for the predator?

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5600 on: Oct 21, 2019, 10:44 AM »

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5601 on: Oct 21, 2019, 10:56 AM »

The Climate jacket has a taper cut ..so when used w/o the zip out liner jacket it dosen't hang off you like a moo moo. ..with the liners in it was to hot for my area..also very bulky..think older style snowmobile suit ..with the liners out I could use it as a early/late ice option. I have since went with the Predator suit.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5602 on: Oct 21, 2019, 11:23 AM »
700 inch pound drill and impact driver and charger with two 4 amp batteries 199.99 this will push a 6 inch nils no problem did so last year.. the octane pushes my 8 inch .. so keep it in mind.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-Hammer-Drill-and-Impact-Driver-2-Tool-Combo-Kit-with-2-4-0Ah-Batteries-Charger-R9205/206127587?utm_source=U.S.+List&utm_campaign=737d1f1583-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_10_04_08_06&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_82e38e0d75-737d1f1583-271469873

I have this drill, and would caution you that the side handle is the weak link. Under high loads, the handle twists off, and over time buggers up the drill housing, so it does not attach well at all. I tried to return under the warranty, but they called it "wear and tear" and denied. I have put it on with JB Weld to see if I can get 1 more season out of it.

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5603 on: Oct 21, 2019, 11:28 AM »

Any reason for returning it

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5604 on: Oct 21, 2019, 11:35 AM »
700 inch pound drill and impact driver and charger with two 4 amp batteries 199.99 this will push a 6 inch nils no problem did so last year.. the octane pushes my 8 inch .. so keep it in mind.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-Hammer-Drill-and-Impact-Driver-2-Tool-Combo-Kit-with-2-4-0Ah-Batteries-Charger-R9205/206127587?utm_source=U.S.+List&utm_campaign=737d1f1583-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_10_04_08_06&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_82e38e0d75-737d1f1583-271469873

I have this drill, and would caution you that the side handle is the weak link. Under high loads, the handle twists off, and over time buggers up the drill housing, so it does not attach well at all. I tried to return under the warranty, but they called it "wear and tear" and denied. I have put it on with JB Weld to see if I can get 1 more season out of it.

Clam plate is what I did
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline MC_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5605 on: Oct 21, 2019, 11:49 AM »

I don't have the jacket, as the friend that recommended the Striker has the full suit and never wears the jacket - bibs alone are plenty warm for pretty much everything except riding a sled long distances outside

Offline Longshoremen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5606 on: Oct 21, 2019, 12:45 PM »
Any reason for returning it
  like I said in the previous post I returned it because the jacket was too small and I went with the hard water suit Not the predator suit it  he has more room and less bulk.

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5607 on: Oct 21, 2019, 11:23 PM »
Eskimo Sierra thermal 2 man 150 off at walmart

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5609 on: Oct 22, 2019, 08:10 AM »
Eskimo Sierra thermal 2 man 150 off at walmart

$348 is all I see.....seems pretty high considering these can be snatched for around $200 at DSG at the end of season....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.