Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1677952 times)

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #2401 on: Jan 28, 2018, 08:36 AM »
Do the frabill jackets and bibs float ?

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2402 on: Jan 28, 2018, 08:51 AM »
Do the frabill jackets and bibs float ?

Only the ibibs and jacket.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2403 on: Jan 28, 2018, 08:59 AM »
Yep, I got all 3 cards and the are just regular gift cards, so no need to spread false information. That deal is legit.

Here is the current one
https://www.ebay.com/p/Cabelas-Gift-Card-for-Only-Mail-Delivery/515551192?iid=112774068683

just reporting what I saw on reviews.

Offline Charman03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2404 on: Jan 28, 2018, 12:31 PM »
Home Depot has the 18-Volt Gen5X Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless Hammer Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit with (2) 4.0Ah Batteries for $229.00. They are currently offering a free tool with purchase. Home Depot allows you to return the free tool (they prorate the price), scoring you the kit at a sweet price.

The best option if you just want the combo kit is to buy the combo kit and the ½" Impact Wrench. After returning the wrench, the combo kit will cost you $138.73+tax.  You can also get a variety of different tools or 2 extra 4.0 aH batteries for free.

Combo kit: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-Gen5X-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-Hammer-Drill-and-Impact-Driver-Combo-Kit-with-2-4-0Ah-Batteries-R9205/206127587

Impact Wrench:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-GEN5X-Cordless-Brushless-1-2-in-Impact-Wrench-Tool-Only-with-Belt-Clip-R86011B/301996008

2x 4.0 aH batteries:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-HYPER-Lithium-Ion-High-Capacity-Battery-Pack-4-0Ah-2-Pack-AC840087P/205999648

How do you return the free tool?  How's that work

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2405 on: Jan 28, 2018, 12:33 PM »
I would think, buy online....when you get it, return it to the actually store
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2406 on: Jan 28, 2018, 12:43 PM »
I would think, buy online....when you get it, return it to the actually store

Sounds risky to return half of a "kit" to try to get cash for it....

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2407 on: Jan 28, 2018, 01:05 PM »
I don’t think you can return the impact from the kit but you can return the free tool.  You won’t get 100 percent retail for it but you will get around 80 percent I think.  Your receipt will show you the return value of the free tool.

Offline Charman03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2408 on: Jan 28, 2018, 03:13 PM »
I don’t think you can return the impact from the kit but you can return the free tool.  You won’t get 100 percent retail for it but you will get around 80 percent I think.  Your receipt will show you the return value of the free tool.

This is spot on. The tool isn't actually "free". It's $90 on the receipt and the original gen 5 drill and impact with the 2 batteries is $138. Just left Home Depot. Will return the $90 "free" tool tomorrow, making the original drill combo of $279 down to 138.

I also returned my gen 5 with the 2.0ah batteries before I purchased the other which I had bought about 30 days ago. I had kept the box and everything and she returned it no problem.

I basically upgraded by batteries from 2.0ah to 4.0ah and got an impact driver and they paid me $30

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2409 on: Jan 28, 2018, 04:03 PM »
just reporting what I saw on reviews.

Not sure where, the svm gift card reviews were all 4-5 stars.

Offline ronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2410 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:01 PM »
Not sure where, the svm gift card reviews were all 4-5 stars.

How you find negative feedback, click on the persons screen name and click on negative, it'll look like this;

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=svmgiftcards&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

The secret to fishing.....fish where the fish are.

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2411 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:47 PM »
Way too many negs on feedback. I would avoid like the plague. Sellers on Ebay get away with quite a lot on Ebay.

IF they generate enough money flow. When they finally create enough grief and are suspended. They create new selling ID and start all over again.

Look for sellers with no or very low negatives. Learn to read the negs to judge for yourself. Sometimes buyers give an undeserved neg. But in most cases they are justified.

This gift card seller has earned his shady rep.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2412 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:48 PM »
Yeah it was Overtons with the 20% coupon code stacked on top. Ended up being 135 with WI sales tax.

Just if anyone else had one ordered. Thought I could give an update just in case someone else is waiting on theirs! Got the coat (striker climate large in grey), and definitely stole it at $128 or $135 w/ tax. Never going to beat that price again. When I ordered it I tried to get the local scheels to get another. I stood behind the manager (sales guy said he didn’t know) while he looked up what their cost was. He said he can’t price match because it was below their cost, and striker is very strict on vendors pricing. He said that I got the deal of the century on one if I actually got it!

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2413 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:56 PM »
Way too many negs on feedback. I would avoid like the plague. Sellers on Ebay get away with quite a lot on Ebay.

IF they generate enough money flow. When they finally create enough grief and are suspended. They create new selling ID and start all over again.

Look for sellers with no or very low negatives. Learn to read the negs to judge for yourself. Sometimes buyers give an undeserved neg. But in most cases they are justified.

::) ::) ::)
Nearly 60k transactions with feedback in the past 12 months and 200 bad feedback (so bad feedback 0.3333% of the time) makes them a shady seller? Lmfao, I missed the sarcasm in your post, right?

Not to mention some of the bad feedback is ridiculous. There's not a guaranteed delivery date, yet people complain that it didn't come fast enough. People claiming that you have to use it all in one go, etc...

You avoid them like the plague, I'll keep enjoying my 18-20% off Cabela's deals.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2414 on: Jan 28, 2018, 09:35 PM »

Shady rep? out of almost 4900 transactions in the last month that have bothered to leave feedback, only 21 have been negative. That breaks down to 0.4% negative feedback over 30 days. That means that 99.6% of people over that last month have had a satisfactory experience (good or neutral). That kind of number is unheard of in any retail scenario. Plus with as biased as ebay has become towards buyer feedback, I'd consider that nothing less than stellar given the volume he's moving.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2415 on: Jan 29, 2018, 03:33 AM »

i’ve gone through this seller 2 different times. He’s legit, and so are the Cabela’s cards. JMTCW

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2416 on: Jan 29, 2018, 05:53 AM »
i’ve gone through this seller 2 different times. He’s legit, and so are the Cabela’s cards. JMTCW
That has been my experience too. Great way to get anything 20% off. Or wait when they have a real deal and then gamble, as we know how they are at Cabela's online with cancellations.
Or buy a new pheasant gun after you do this deal a few times.
Ultimately buy one of the brand new fishing combo boats Cabela's sells, I wonder if they'd let a person use these on it....😁

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2417 on: Jan 29, 2018, 07:19 AM »
Hi Gang.  Cabelas just put 186 ice fishing items in the Bargain Cave.  Some really nice deals on some big ticket items and lots of deals on very popular ice fishing lures.  Go Get 'em!

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2418 on: Jan 29, 2018, 08:36 AM »
Hi Gang.  Cabelas just put 186 ice fishing items in the Bargain Cave.  Some really nice deals on some big ticket items and lots of deals on very popular ice fishing lures.  Go Get 'em!

DN

Just came here to post that.....rods, lures, everything on sale......good time to couple that with the 20% off gift cards.....

Update....just used the gift card from ebay for $66 order, no issue whatsoever. One of my items is back ordered so I have no doubt there will be some cancellations in cabelas fashion.

Thank you iceshanty members for helping me spend on Monday morning

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2419 on: Jan 30, 2018, 12:57 PM »
Quantum Hot Sauce Reel Grease and Reel Lube both over 40% off at $5.88 in the Bargain Cave at Cabelas.  http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/reels/_/N-1102770/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_105742980

For you newer guys to Ice Shanty, THIS is the lubricant you want to use for your ice reels, especially if spend a lot of time outside your shack with them.

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2420 on: Jan 30, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Quantum Hot Sauce Reel Grease and Reel Lube both over 40% off at $5.88 in the Bargain Cave at Cabelas.  http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/reels/_/N-1102770/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_105742980

For you newer guys to Ice Shanty, THIS is the lubricant you want to use for your ice reels, especially if spend a lot of time outside with them.

DN

Thanks!  I was in the the store a few weeks ago and they didn't have any in stock, and I've always wanted to try it.  I ordered one each of the grease and oil for in-stock pickup, so no shipping.  Good deal!

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2421 on: Jan 30, 2018, 01:35 PM »
reel lube gone baby gone

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2422 on: Jan 30, 2018, 01:50 PM »
Cabela's has the QuickFish 5i for $299.99, regularly $399.99.  http://www.cabelas.com/product/ESKIMO-INSULATED-QUICKFISH/2339012.uts
Looks like Amazon had it cheaper last year, but who knows if that'll happen again. I was looking at the FatFish 949i, but decided to try the 5i given the deal when combining the current Cabela's price, my 18% off giftcards from ebay, and 2% cashback.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2423 on: Jan 30, 2018, 04:09 PM »
Cabela's has the QuickFish 5i for $299.99, regularly $399.99.  http://www.cabelas.com/product/ESKIMO-INSULATED-QUICKFISH/2339012.uts
Looks like Amazon had it cheaper last year, but who knows if that'll happen again. I was looking at the FatFish 949i, but decided to try the 5i given the deal when combining the current Cabela's price, my 18% off giftcards from ebay, and 2% cashback.
Befrugal gives 3% cash back atm btw.

Nice price, I am hoping to add a sled type shelter, hopefully some nice prices start showing up soon to still enjoy it yet this season.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2424 on: Jan 30, 2018, 04:35 PM »
Befrugal gives 3% cash back atm btw.

Nice price, I am hoping to add a sled type shelter, hopefully some nice prices start showing up soon to still enjoy it yet this season.

Doh, I checked MrRebates, GivingAssistant, and Ebates, but not befrugal! Lol

Shortly after buying the shanty, I pulled the trigger on another hot deal! The Finicky Fooler is basically a tip up for your rods. I grabbed one at the Milwaukee ice show, really liked it, and was planning on buying more at the show next year, but they're running a special right now on their website. $30 gets you the Fooler, a wind shield, and a hole cover. Buy 2 and shipping is free.

www.finickyfooler.com
Coupon code: trytrio

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2425 on: Jan 30, 2018, 04:38 PM »
Here is a coupon to make a better deal I'm not gonna use it

Offline DBV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2426 on: Jan 30, 2018, 05:49 PM »
Want a deal on a Marcum LX7 Lithium, but have not found any! :)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2427 on: Jan 30, 2018, 06:14 PM »
How do you return the free tool?  How's that work
free tool on top of the kit? I mis-read it. I was referring to the kit only. my bad

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2428 on: Jan 30, 2018, 06:44 PM »
Want a deal on a Marcum LX7 Lithium, but have not found any! :)
Are you kidding?
Overton’s.  20% off and free shipping.  $703.99 shipped.  Promo code:  JANSAVE

DN

Offline DBV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2429 on: Jan 30, 2018, 06:55 PM »
Thanks - that is a good deal, but have to pay tax in Ohio.  Still good though.

Are you kidding?
Overton’s.  20% off and free shipping.  $703.99 shipped.  Promo code:  JANSAVE

DN

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.