Author Topic: Lake gogebic  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Graygills22

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake gogebic
« on: Jan 01, 2017, 09:34 AM »
Catching any fish?...and ice thickness and travel conditions?any help would be appreciated

Offline H2owalker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake gogebic
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2017, 05:13 PM »
Lots of walleye as usual. From what I know they've only been fishing main lake for a few days now so not a lot of reports on them. They were picking some perch up with the walleye in bergland bay. I will be heading up there next weekend. I should say just started driving sxs atv on main lake.

Offline Graygills22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2017, 07:08 PM »
Thanks for reports

Offline smittybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2017, 07:23 PM »
Yep thanks for the reporting. I'm heading that way soon.

Offline Graygills22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2017, 09:15 PM »
What's best time of year to get perch...thinking march?

Offline DieHardIcer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2017, 05:48 PM »
Just read yesterday that there is horrible slush under quite a bit of snow, sxs with tracks getting stuck.

Offline H2owalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2017, 06:41 PM »
Just got in. Only found one slush hole. No problem with tracks. Atvs with wheels were out in bergland bay.

Offline H2owalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2017, 06:30 PM »
Weekend report... Good ice everywhere although Saturday I did find an area near west shore that had less than the rest but still plenty. I went 3.5 miles south out of bergland bay and found three slush spots. Each about 20 yards long or so. Mind you I went in straight line but one could take his time I'm sure and go around anything that looked like it maybe slushy. Saturday afternoon got two nice perch and 4 walleye. Sunday got three perch, none huge and around 15 walleye. My son got all the perch in his one man as I sat with my youngest and he didn't understand how not to jig too much. We pretty much dead sticked until we marked them. Anything beyond a vibration they were gone. Don't blame him tho, 5 yrs old and was lot different than he saw on bay de noc last weekend. P.s. When driving through slush and its -10 make sure you store all gear enclosed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.