Author Topic: Ririe  (Read 4378 times)

Offline troller

• IceShanty Rookie
Ririe
« on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:56 PM »
Anyone having any luck on Ririe or Palisades?

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ririe
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:22 PM »
Kokes and perch at Ririe . If your going on the weekend , get there early the parking lot fills up fast .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline troller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2010, 03:02 PM »
Thank you,  what are people using?  Its been awhile since I've done any ice fishing.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:54 PM »
Small pink or orange spoons tipped with nightcrawler for the kokes . Small jigs with a small piece of worm on the bottom for perch .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline gthfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:03 PM »
     Ririe has huge numbers of kokes.  Check the idfg historical fish stocking database!  I'll share the secret--since the locals shared with me.  Set all your poles at different depths --small jigs with just a single waxie.  You probably wont catch many on these poles-these are your school indicators.  When you start betting bit, and catch a koke or 2, everybody take a reserve pole , set to the depth that you;re getting bit(usually 15 to 25 ft at Ririe), with a thin spoon(No bait needed) and jig like crazy before the school passes you by.  I chaznge out the trebles that the spoons come with for a single siwash hook so that I can catch and release and not have to go home early(Limits!) watch nearby anglers too--an early warning that a school is nearby.  Kudos to the locals--never met a friendlier, more helpful bunch while ice fishing.  Second the weekend thing--big lot, but it fills up quick. Kokes are yummy smoked.  Going to Chesterfield tomorrow--couldn't talk fishing partner to go to Ririe.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:14 PM »
Please post a report when you get back from Chesterfield . I am headed down there Sunday . I am headed to American Falls Res. Tomorrow . Sportsmans Park . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline troller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:03 AM »
Thanks for all the help,  we are going out Saturday morning and Monday and see what we can do.  Good luck to ya all ice fishing.

Offline ropinjo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2010, 07:07 PM »
Thanks for all the help,  we are going out Saturday morning and Monday and see what we can do.  Good luck to ya all ice fishing.
  good luck to you see you there bright and early

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:43 PM »
I always enjoyed fishing Ririe when I lived in St. Anthony a couple years ago.  The key is a vexilar then you don't have to guess at the depth ;D

Those kokes will hit about anything when they are active.  Some days they just aren't active and you won't see any, but other days they are just hot.

Perching is pretty good too.  Move till you find active fish.  You could hunt them all day and not mark a fish and then drill your 30th hole and BAM, you'll be on active fish.

Nice when you can bring home a mess of perch for the grease and kokes for the smoker. 

Are the walleye making any headway in the lake?  I'm not advocating bucket biology, but I had heard that walleyes had shown up.  I'd imagine they would do very well in Ririe with all the structure as long as they have adaquate forage, probably take a toll on the young kokes though.

Offline troller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:19 PM »
We went Saturday for about 3 hours and didnt get a thing.  Some around us was pulling in a few now again.  I'm guessing we must of been at a bad spot,  we should of moved around more and see what happened,  I'l try it again an evening this week.  Thanks again for all the help.

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2010, 07:38 PM »
I used to go west of the launch about 300 yards and out from shore about 30 yards or so, maybe less.  I fished like 20 fow, if I remember right.  Closer to shore there seemed to be more structure (like branches, submerged trees, ect)and that was good for the perch. 

Use spring bobbers because sometimes they bite very light!  I have a vexilar and that is very helpful.  Went a couple times with different people to whom I lent my rods with spring bobbers.  I caught fish and they didn't.  It was all about watching the spring bobber and detecting hits.  I"m not saying I'm a great fisherman or anything, but a person learns a thing or two eventually and the one thing I have learned is that sometimes you've got to watch the spring bobber like an eagle and when it goes up instead of down or visa versa when jigging then that means a perch is mouthing the bait...set the hook and watch the rod bend.

Offline troller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2010, 04:02 PM »
I will try that, thank you

Offline wutaniceguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:51 AM »
We fished three hours on Saturday and got nothing on the ice. I missed four kokanee - they are really finicky. Talked to ~5 other fishermen - same story. Slowwwwww.
I agree with Melville - we're all cracked.

Offline wutaniceguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2010, 06:29 AM »
Fished ~3 hours 2/17 - nothing. Talked to a couple of regulars who had been there all day - same story. Fish and Game counted four fish after checking 8 parties.

On the up side, the air was fresh and I didn't fall over.

Offline HARDTOP

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • MACK ATTACK
« Reply #14 on: Feb 21, 2010, 06:12 PM »
2/21/10 fished 6 hours not even a bite talked to 3 groups same story

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 21, 2010, 11:05 PM »
That's too bad.  I was up there on Saturday and In five hours me and a buddy caught about 60 perch and 30 kokes.  One of the best days I have had out there in a while.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:18 AM »
That's too bad.  I was up there on Saturday and In five hours me and a buddy caught about 60 perch and 30 kokes.  One of the best days I have had out there in a while.
I think I am headed that way tommarrow . Could you give me a general area to try . I don't want you to give away your sweet spot but this will be my first time up there this year . Thanks Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline HARDTOP

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • MACK ATTACK
« Reply #17 on: Feb 22, 2010, 07:33 PM »
NO that's not to bad that's fishing sometimes it great sometimes it not. but we just keep at it-and the great days come our way on the turn around . keep ripping them lips.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2010, 12:01 AM »
Went to Ririe yesterday for the first time this year . It was very slow for me . I caught 2 small Cutthroughts and one nice perch . I talked to some people that fish it a lot and they were not doing any better . They all told me you should have been here in January . I need to get up there this spring and mark some structure on my GPS so I can find it next winter . I just got a Vexilar today , I will see if that will help me score more fish . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline wutaniceguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 17, 2010, 02:19 PM »
Fished for three hours 3/17 AM. Slow but not dead like it has been.

A foot of ice in the middle, but the edges are a bit nervousy.

Lost my green Swedish Pimple on St. Patrick's Day, is that good luck or bad?

Offline montana iceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 14, 2010, 10:14 PM »
Has anyone checked on ririe lately, is there any ice? I heard the fall fishing was awesome, did anyone get in on that?

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 14, 2010, 10:26 PM »
No ice yet . It has been to warm . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline MNiceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 26, 2010, 10:17 AM »
Hey, Im new to the area (idaho falls) and new to ice shanty but a long time and avid ice fisherman.  Ive been doing lots of searching for local ice fishing lakes but I am having a little problem locating lakes to fish and the reports.  Is there a website or a bait shot that I could go to other than sportsmans fishing board?

Thanks
   MN Icefisherman
Always remember, keep your stick on the ice- Red & Green

Offline GreenLife

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 26, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Went to Chesterfield 12-24 and there was good ice and bites early.  Action fell off fast after first few hours.  Sounds like Walcott, American Falls Reservoir, and Devil's/Deep Creek are all looking good and are within striking distance for you.  Good luck!!
"I've gone fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water." ~ William Tapply

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it.  What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." ~ John Gierach

Offline MNiceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 27, 2010, 09:37 AM »
Thanks alot for the info.  I got the day off from work and was looking to cruise up to Clark.  Cause a buddy drove by this weekend and said there was a ton of people up there.  But I will convince my wife to check out a new spot.  Thanks again.
Always remember, keep your stick on the ice- Red & Green

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.