Author Topic: Hardwater Ware vs. Ice Armour  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Ice Dog 67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DCB = Delta Bravo
Hardwater Ware vs. Ice Armour
« on: Dec 13, 2007, 02:38 PM »
How does Strkemaster's Hardwater Ware compare to Clam Corp.'s Ice Armour X series.  Pros and cons of both.   Thanks!!!!

CSP88

Re: Hardwater Ware vs. Ice Armour
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2007, 02:49 PM »
The suits are basically the same.  It really boils down to which color you prefer.  They both will keep you warm and dry. 

Chad

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2007, 03:35 PM »
Pretty much what Chad said.  The one nice thing is you can buy a different size jacket & bib in the Hard Water Wear, instead of them both being the same size like Clam's stuff.  Last year I got the Clam grey suit.  This year I ended up buying a pair of the old Clam black bibs @ Thorne Bros for $99 on clearance (they are not made anymore) in a L because my XL's are way too big for me.  I need the sleeve & leg length, not the waist!  It would be nice if they made stuff in tall sizes!  Not everybody is a fat m*dget (sorry, little person)!  I'm 6'1" & 185lbs.  The XL jacket fits good, but the bibs are made for somebody w/ a 50" waist, not a 34"!!!  It felt like I had a big diaper on.  The belt was cinched all the way in!  The L bibs fit me just about right!  Now Clam doesn't sell anything by separate pieces.  The only reason why I didn't buy the Strike bibs, is I found the old black Clams cheap!  Now, if I had to do it all over again, I'd get the Strikes in 2 different sizes!  My buddy got the Strike jacket, & the old Clam black bibs like me on clearance too.  He said the jacket is great.  It's up to you & what your body size & build is.  Or, get what you think looks pretty! ;)

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2007, 03:59 PM »
I got the Strikemaster Hardwater Ware last year and I love it. I get cold pretty darn easy and with my suit I have not gotten cold yet. Last year we went to a pike derby and it was about -35 degrees out, everybody else was frozen but I was nice and toasty. I can't say about the Clam Corp's stuff though.

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2007, 04:05 PM »
For the money you are going to spend you might want to check out the Cabela's Guidewear. They are priced about the same but the Quality on the Cabelas is second to none. I got a set last year and I can't say one bad thing about them...they are AWESOME ;D

Offline Ice Dog 67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DCB = Delta Bravo
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2007, 08:10 AM »
Thanks for the awesome feedback fellas!  I will definitely be checking the Cabela's Guideware out now too before I make a purchase.   :tipup:

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2007, 08:49 AM »
I like equipment and gear that multitasks. I needed new bibs and lacket for hunting and ice fishing.

I ended up with a pair of Columbia Omni Tech bibs from Gander Mountain for $129. They didn't have the parka in my size. It would have been $219 from Gander. I went to Cabela's website and ended up with the same Columbia Omni Quad Parka that ended up costing me just shy of $90 after a shipping deal, gift card, and credi card points. I was very happy that Gander didn't have my size.

Cabela's has a bunch of deals on different bibs and jackets in the online bargain cave right now.

Offline walkonwater1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2007, 09:18 AM »
Have you checked out Stearns/Mustang anti-exposure gear? Various colors. USCG approved floatation, etc.
http://www.machovec.com/catalog/ms2175.htm
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|6267|296166&id=570463
Kids that hunt, trap and fish don't mug little old ladies.

Big moves to find'em, small moves to catch'em!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.