Author Topic: Long Underware  (Read 4706 times)

Offline tarbot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Long Underware
« on: Sep 23, 2004, 08:54 AM »
Hey everyone.  New member.  I just received my Carol Davis long underware for the upcoming season... www.webfootsbodysocks. com.  Has anyone had any experience with these?  I have style #3.  From all the reviews I found on the web it sounds like they should be great!

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I drill holes - lots of holes
Re: Long Underware
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2004, 09:38 AM »
No, but I sure hope you aren't spamming this site!!!!

Offline tarbot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2004, 09:54 AM »
No... Not spamming at all.  Just wanted to pass on the link if anyone was interested and to find out if anyone has had any experience with them.  I have them sitting at home waiting for the cold weather!

Offline tarbot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2004, 08:45 PM »
Well... finally got to try them walking the dog.  Was 20 deg out and had them on under my jeans and a light jacket.  Was out for abut 1 hour, these things are great!  The real test will be in Jan whan its -5 in the morning and the wind is howling in the middle of the lake.

Offline jrsue

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2004, 03:42 PM »
Ya I've  this underware , it's very warm my only gripe is its a little annoying to go to the bathroom with the full suit. But for ultimate warmth and comfort it cant be beat. often I'll simply wear the underware and my carharts, or cabalas suit . and easily stay warm. 

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2004, 07:01 PM »
Manly yes, but I like it too ;)

Offline Russellman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2004, 09:18 PM »
Terrygonefishing - You took me right back to TV in the 70s with that Irish Spring punchline.

I have become a huge fan of the military style polypro fleece ECWCS longies.  Those are the tan ones that you can pick up in Cabelas and even Sportsman Guide (not a plug for either place, just a comment).  The stuff wears strong.  I'm on my 4th year in the same set (YES - they've been washed !).  They don't hold odors like other polypros sets do, and they are warm as heck.  I'd recommend them as money well spent (~$25 per piece, top or bottom).

Russellman
Russellman

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2004, 11:57 AM »
Be careful Russellman. You are dating yourself. Lots of young fisherpeople on this site that might think 40 is old ;D

Offline Russellman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2004, 04:13 PM »
Terry-
In the battle of youth vs old age and treachery, bet on the cunning oldster every time...  We've learned to WALK to our traps, drink a little less, and sit a little longer.  We're just saving ourselves for the times that matter....

And we like our underwear long too !  (LOL).

RJS
Russellman

Offline Russellman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2004, 04:14 PM »
Terry-
In the battle of youth vs old age and treachery, bet on the cunning oldster every time...  We've learned to WALK to our traps, drink a little less, and sit a little longer.  We're just saving ourselves for the times that matter....

And we like our underwear long too !  (LOL).

RJS
Russellman

camo_fish

« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2004, 04:46 PM »
I have become a huge fan of the military style polypro fleece ECWCS longies.  Those are the tan ones that you can pick up in Cabelas and even Sportsman Guide (not a plug for either place, just a comment).  The stuff wears strong.  I'm on my 4th year in the same set (YES - they've been washed !).  They don't hold odors like other polypros sets do, and they are warm as heck.  I'd recommend them as money well spent (~$25 per piece, top or bottom).
Russellman
I too like the military polypros, I've used them since 92'. when I got out of USMC I went out and bought my own pair.  ;D brand new, a pair all to myself,  ;) and yes I wash mine, but be wear of over drying them, the material will melt.  ;) they are super warm.  ;D

Basshuntah

« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2005, 02:43 PM »
longunderwear is only as good as the material it's made from, i don't thinnk brand names have much importance. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.