Author Topic: smaller ponds locked up in southern nh!  (Read 4037 times)

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
smaller ponds locked up in southern nh!
« on: Dec 04, 2007, 11:33 AM »
checked massabissic today ice formed all around shoreling for about 30 ft out waiting for less wind ...all the smaller ponds i looked at today were locked up completely and if it stays cold like it is the ice should form close to an inch a day .probly be fishing by this weekend ..
stay safe when checking ice conditions guys

Catch A Buzz

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Re: smaller ponds locked up in southern nh!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Was there any snow on Lake massabissic, or was it just black Ice? ???

Offline TROUTDANCE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:05 PM »
There will be no problem finding a small pond or cove to icefish this weekend, everybody better get their stuff together :afro:
DEDICATION

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:43 PM »
Sharpen up them ice chisels boys...We goin' fishin'.

Offline TROUTDANCE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:52 PM »
Where's Chris? It's that time of year again
DEDICATION

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2007, 01:13 PM »
Love2FishNH WHERE ARE YOU????!!!!! Are you out there?!!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2007, 01:23 PM »
massy only had ice on the edges.............the rest is open water
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:20 PM »
Went by cobbetts pond yesterday afternoon and there was some ice all along the shoreline about 70-100yds out..  hope we can makes some good ice the next couple of days..  may warm up just a bit this weekend but as long as the night temps dip down i think things are looking good.....   I'm going to check a couple places Canobie,Cobbetts, and Robinsons  tomarrow and see how things are coming along....

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:25 PM »
I hear there's nice brown trout in Cobbetts Pond. I know someone who has property on Rock Pond and they're always telling me about Cobbetts. I've never tried it though.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:30 PM »
problem is............no place to park........atleast thats what i heard. windham can be a pain in the butt when it comes to parking. i was reading a post where someone got a ticket for just launching their boat and wasn't even going to park there. if you are not a resident of that area......your screwed. however, let me know about robinson. i like going there once a year and they have a pretty decent ice tourney. the prizes are small, but its pretty cheap to get in.
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2007, 05:25 PM »
I will let ya no about robinson..   caught a 6lb 11oz  26.25in brown at cobbetts last year. slow place to fish and hard to get out there sometimes but its worth it if ya caught a big one.  took me at least 15min to get it on the ice.   what a fish!!!!!!

Offline ice_fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2007, 01:32 PM »
Is there any walkable ice from the MA border towards Barrington NH....

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2007, 02:59 PM »
CHECKED OUT COBBETTS TODAY...  3IN JUST OFF THE BEACH WITH 2IN OF BLACK ICE AND 1IN OF WHITEAND A SKIM COAT ABOUT HALF WAY OUT THE POND...  WENT TO CANOBIE  THE COVE BY THE LAUNCH LOOKED OK AND THE SHORELINE HAD SOME WHITE ICE  BY THE PUMP HOUSE AND THE WHOLE LAKE HAD A GOOD LOOKING SKIM COAT ON IT..  WENT TO ROBINSON POND AND THAT IS LOCKED UP...   4IN OFF THE PARKING AREA AND SOME ONE RODE A SNOWMOBILE OUT ACROSS THE LEFT HAD SIDE OF THE POND...  I THINK ROBINSON WILL BE FISHABLE BY THE WEEKEND AND MAYBE THE SHORELINE OR THE COVE AT CANOBIE....  COBBETTS WILL TAKE SOME TIME...  CHECKED A HONEY HOLE OF MINE AND THAT WAS ALSO LOCKED UP..  WALKED OUT ABOUT 150YDS AND THE WAS 3.5...  HOPE THIS HELPS    SHAUN

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2007, 04:41 PM »
i can't believe a snowmobile went on the lake........that is absolutely crazy.

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2007, 05:15 PM »
YA I NO TELL ME ABOUT IT...   IT LOOKED LIKE A HOLE SHOT BUT STILL CRAZY PEOPLE...

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2007, 05:26 PM »
Chris has been very busy in the woods!  He should have plenty of time now though!

~Stefan~

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2007, 05:27 PM »
Never fished robinson What is in it?

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2007, 05:39 PM »
Here's what Chris has been up to!

~Stefan~

Offline thefinlessbrown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 2007, 07:06 PM »
oh yeah get your stuff together for the weekend lol start with a bathing suit man rich b careful man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 06, 2007, 07:21 AM »
Nice deer. That kid's a heck of a sportsman.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 06, 2007, 11:10 AM »
robinson has a bunch of junk fish.......bass, pickeral, perch, etc...........small pond and not very deep. plenty of parking for trailers......etc..... .....

Offline anrik1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gotch Ya !!
« Reply #21 on: Dec 06, 2007, 01:57 PM »
Lake Potanipo in Brookline, NH is solid all the way.  Some guys may venture out this weekend there.  See you soon.

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #22 on: Dec 06, 2007, 02:10 PM »
I think if you start calling around everyone should be able to find some water to walk on. Reports are good.

Offline TROUTDANCE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 06, 2007, 02:17 PM »
THEFINLESSBROWN thinks you need to be Jesus to walk on water this weekend, he must be reporting from Florida. LOL
DEDICATION

Offline pipes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 06, 2007, 03:34 PM »
well looks like we will be eating good. cant wait for those burgers Chris.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 06, 2007, 03:38 PM »
checked some places near sandown. phillips pond has about 3 and country pond has about the same. however, country pond has a tricky parking situation.....there is none unless you no a resident. how about wickwas......anybody have a clue. i think i am headed to sutton to fish gile pond......real small and really freezes pretty quick

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #26 on: Dec 06, 2007, 06:36 PM »
my post is so popular yay lol
looking good this weekend ..even if for some reason i have to go to jericho in berlin for 7 inches :) ill find ice

Catch A Buzz

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #27 on: Dec 06, 2007, 10:52 PM »
I will be in the lakes region tommrow and will let you guys knw what the ice is like up there.

Offline FISHYFINGERS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 07, 2007, 10:58 AM »

I FISHED COBBETTS SEVERAL TIMES LAST YEAR TILL THE TOWN BLOCKED ACCESS TO THE ICE WITH BOLDERS, SO NO 4 WHEELERS COULD ACCESS THRU THE GATE. ALSO THE POLICE PATROL THE PARKING LOT, YOU MUST HAVE A RESIDENT STICKER ON YOUR CAR/TRUCK.
 THE FISHING WAS AWESOME FOR BROWNS, WE CAUGHT SEVERAL 4-6 LB-ERS. THE RAMP IS CLOSED TO PUBLIC AND BECAUSE OF THAT THE STATE OF N.H. FISH&GAME WILL NOT STOCK THE LAKE, THE LOCALS THAT LIVE ON THE LAKE GET TOGETHER AND PURCHASE FISH TO STOCK THE LAKE THEMSELVES,THATS WHY THERE IS ALL THE FUSS, THE LOCALS PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE FISHING, I HAVE HAD PLENTY OF LOCALS APPROACH ME WHILE ICE FISHING TO SEE HOW THE FISHING IS GOING, AFTER TALKING TO SEVERAL LOCALS THEY DO NOT LIKE TO SEE ANY FISH BEING KEPT!!!.. SO KNOWING THAT I TELL THEM ALL THAT ASK, IT'S VERY SLOW TODAY. LESS FRICTION THAT WAY.
  IF YOU DON,T KNOW ANYONE ON THE LAKE IT IS TOUGH TO GET ON THE ICE NOW.
WHEN I DO GET A CHANCE TO GO THERE I LAY LOW AND SAY VERY LITTLE TO ANYONE WHO APPROACHES ME WHILE I AM THERE FISHING. OH! KEEP THE FISH ( IF YOU KEEP ONE ) OUT OF SIGHT. IT'S ONLY GOING TO GET TOUGHER AT ALL THE LAKES/PONDS AS TIME GOES ON.

FISHYFINGERS

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Dec 07, 2007, 06:45 PM »
SOME VERY LARGE FISH IN THAT POND...  KEEP IT CLEAN LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE AND THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEMS..  CAUGHT A 6LDS 11OZ 26.25IN BROWN THERE LATE IN THE YR LAST YR OR EARLY THIS YR...   GREAT PLACE TO FISH BUT WE ALL NEED TO TAKE CARE OF THE PLACE...    SHAUN

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.