Author Topic: Whats been going on  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
Whats been going on
« on: Jan 26, 2006, 10:25 PM »
I have moved back up to ALaska, and was just wondering what the weather is like down there in husker land.  There was ice on the lakes last time i was back there in early January(a couple of weeks ago).  Up here the highest it has been for a week is -4. It is supposed to get up to 15 degrees on sunday, but we will see.  Hope you guys have some ice or at least none at all so you can do some open water fishing. Fill me in.
Happy Hookin!

baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline jigbounce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got any biscuits for sale in there?
Re: Whats been going on
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2006, 02:36 PM »
Baiter,
   There is absolutely no fishable if any ice at all on the lakes in Ne.  Its pretty sad just when everyone was getting keyed up the season came to an abrupt stop with 50 60 & even 70 deg temps the last month or so.  Please send that cold weather our way!

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Whats been going on
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2006, 09:24 AM »

Yes, please send some of that cold stuff our way.  My brother-in-law went out Sunday and caught some nice northerns and some really nice crappie  15 3/4" , theres a couple af places just across the state line in SD that apperently still have ice so he said that next weekend I need not plan anything else ;D  Im pretty stoked about maybe getting anymore icetime in at all

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.