New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031919 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #5190 on: Dec 31, 2020, 08:20 AM »
seeing you can't  go  for  9  days  can i  borrow  your new  rod?????

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5191 on: Dec 31, 2020, 09:17 AM »
seeing you can't  go  for  9  days  can i  borrow  your new  rod?????

Yea as long as you hold you breath for the whole trip from your house to mine
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5192 on: Dec 31, 2020, 10:52 AM »
al i  tried  calling you  your  phone  just   rings  busy last  few  days
That's weird. The telemarketers don't have any trouble reaching me to tell me that my warranty is up. LOL Perhaps your not calling the correct number? I'll give you a call later after work.

Offline BigHurt7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5193 on: Dec 31, 2020, 11:40 AM »
Hey guys,
New to the forum. Anyone seeing good ice anywhere close by? Got this Saturday off and wanna waste some time.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5194 on: Dec 31, 2020, 06:21 PM »
al i  tried  calling you  your  phone  just   rings  busy last  few  days

Trap I tried calling you tag your it. Al I lost your number when I got a new phone
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5195 on: Dec 31, 2020, 06:55 PM »
I tried calling trap and no answer either. He's got a lot of calls to return. Brad I'll send you a text.

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5196 on: Dec 31, 2020, 07:15 PM »
When you guys set your tip ups out for Walters do you use treble hooks or “J” hooks? Also which size for the hook and do you use any barrel sinkers to keep the bait down?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5197 on: Dec 31, 2020, 07:22 PM »
i  don't use  tip ups  for  walleyes i really  can't  help you  on that beer  sorry man

i  checked  my phone  my  battery  was dead  so i'm  charging it i'll call you guys  in the  morning

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5198 on: Dec 31, 2020, 07:40 PM »
Mostly just jig or dead stick for the Walters myself not sayin I set the lake on fire though lol. I prefer a size 1/0 j hook with med shinner and 4’ mono 6 lb test leader myself in the rare occasion I do set some tips up for them

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5199 on: Jan 01, 2021, 04:56 AM »
i  don't use  tip ups  for  walleyes i really  can't  help you  on that beer  sorry man

i  checked  my phone  my  battery  was dead  so i'm  charging it i'll call you guys  in the  morning
try me later in the afternoon. I'll be on the ice in the morning. No service there. 😁

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5200 on: Jan 01, 2021, 07:09 AM »
Happy New Year everyone. Hope 2021 is a better year. Have a safe ice season!
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5201 on: Jan 01, 2021, 07:34 AM »
Hey guys,
New to the forum. Anyone seeing good ice anywhere close by? Got this Saturday off and wanna waste some time.
Welcome to the site. There isn’t any safe ice on Oneida lake or surrounding waters. Going to be awhile for this area.
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline BigHurt7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5202 on: Jan 01, 2021, 10:25 AM »
Welcome to the site. There isn’t any safe ice on Oneida lake or surrounding waters. Going to be awhile for this area.

Yeah I live near Oneida. Heard Lake Moraine had some just didnt know if anyone had been out. Hope we get a cold spell soon.

Offline Marauder2008

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #5203 on: Jan 02, 2021, 10:59 AM »
Yeah I live near Oneida. Heard Lake Moraine had some just didnt know if anyone had been out. Hope we get a cold spell soon.

Just a word of advice, Moraine was sketchy before the warm up this morning.  Now with the rain and almost 40* temps, I would stay away.  It was 3.5 inches at best 2 days ago, with open water off the boat launch
"When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too."

Offline BigHurt7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5204 on: Jan 02, 2021, 11:15 AM »
Just a word of advice, Moraine was sketchy before the warm up this morning.  Now with the rain and almost 40* temps, I would stay away.  It was 3.5 inches at best 2 days ago, with open water off the boat launch

Just got back off of the ice. Went out to the middle of the lake and there was 4 inches. It was slushy from the weather last night but plenty safe. But I deffinitley saw the open water by the culvert but thats to be expected.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5205 on: Jan 02, 2021, 11:38 AM »
Just got back off of the ice. Went out to the middle of the lake and there was 4 inches. It was slushy from the weather last night but plenty safe. But I deffinitley saw the open water by the culvert but thats to be expected.

This is Oneida lake thread . People might read this and think that’s what your referring to. Not lake moraine ..
 You can go to the conditions board and post your report there. ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5206 on: Jan 02, 2021, 11:58 AM »

Please NOONE THINK HES TAKING ABOUT ONEIDA. ONEIDA IS OPEN WATER

Offline BigHurt7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5207 on: Jan 02, 2021, 12:10 PM »
Sorry my fault

Offline Hooking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5208 on: Jan 02, 2021, 03:41 PM »
Hey folks, CT resident new to the ice last season. Visiting some family in Jamesville late January and would love to spend a few hours on a new lake if the ice is safe. Any reliable public access spots/launches on the southern edge, where some others may be around for safety in numbers? Not looking for anyone’s honey hole or anything - just a reliably safe area to drill some holes and have some beers. Thanks guys!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5209 on: Jan 02, 2021, 04:01 PM »

By late January you should be good on Oneida , keep an eye on this thread , many of us post , apps bait and tackle has everything you may need and great info as many of us tell Rick and Dave , how our day was

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5210 on: Jan 02, 2021, 04:02 PM »

Please NOONE THINK HES TAKING ABOUT ONEIDA. ONEIDA IS OPEN WATER
x2!!! ONEIDA LAKE IS OPEN WATER!!! He’s damn lucky he didn’t get wet. What ice is left on that lake, he walked on, is junk.

We’ll get safe ice at some point guys. We don’t want to hear about any accidents or death. Stay safe!!!!😎
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline Mrbaiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5211 on: Jan 02, 2021, 05:17 PM »
hey hooking possible spots on south shore of Oneida lake could be Oneida shores park--Muskrat bay--Williams beach--south shore boat launch or Chapman park just not sure what ice will be like  no good now

Offline Hooking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5212 on: Jan 02, 2021, 06:19 PM »
hey hooking possible spots on south shore of Oneida lake could be Oneida shores park--Muskrat bay--Williams beach--south shore boat launch or Chapman park just not sure what ice will be like  no good now

Mrbaiter and Filet, thanks for the tips. I’ll keep Apps in mind for a bait shop on the north shore. If any good local run shops on the south shore, will take your suggestions. Looking forward to reading how you guys do this month.  Nice active thread.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5213 on: Jan 02, 2021, 06:31 PM »
hooking  you can  access the oneida  lake  web cams  also  and  see the  lake  from your house 

Offline cerhardt161

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5214 on: Jan 02, 2021, 07:12 PM »
Mrbaiter and Filet, thanks for the tips. I’ll keep Apps in mind for a bait shop on the north shore. If any good local run shops on the south shore, will take your suggestions. Looking forward to reading how you guys do this month.  Nice active thread.
Baitshop called “Cookies” On the south shore they do a great job there.

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5215 on: Jan 02, 2021, 07:20 PM »
Lakeside outfitters right on 31 where you turn to go to Lewis point. If your heading East just past Flo’s dinner. Haven’t been yet this year stopped in a handful of times last year. Good guys all the basics and a good minnow and grub selection every time I went

Offline Db

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 607 373 0942
« Reply #5216 on: Jan 02, 2021, 07:22 PM »
Lakeside outfitters awesome guys always helpful and are open early in the morning 5 am i think

Offline Mrbaiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5217 on: Jan 03, 2021, 05:25 AM »
there is also Vern & Mikes on Bartell Rd in Brewerton plaza

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5218 on: Jan 04, 2021, 07:07 PM »
Well fellers......the time has come to let my better half enjoy the warmth of a southern climate...south for the winter months...my ice fishing career is coming to an end after 50+ yrs........gonna be a hard transition for myself but hopefully will adapt to some S. Carolina fishing.......and maybe a round of golf or 2........she's earned it , putting up with me for so long............ya'll have a great and safe ice season and save a few for me for next spring.......P.S.-( might have to grab a quick flight home for a week or so.....shhhh)...lol
just getting on here. Sad post to see. Thanks for all the info you’ve given me last year and spots to try out and letting me follow you out to your honey holes. I’ll be sure to keep them nice and warm for you this year 😜! Have a good time in the south!!

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5219 on: Jan 08, 2021, 09:29 AM »
this weather is no good no cold temps at all, there was an article today syr.com cold temps around the 18th coming in jet stream is predicted to drop hard and stay cold for the end of the month and bring down polar vortex but its also saying possibly heavy snow with it ugh... who knows

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.