Author Topic: 3 wheeler on simcoe?  (Read 2892 times)

Offline Full_Choke

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
3 wheeler on simcoe?
« on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Trying to find out the facts if my three wheeler is legal on Lake Simcoe. Cant seem to get a straight answer.
I have my Ohio, USA permits and insurance.
Thanks
Steve :tipup:

Offline middlewick

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: 3 wheeler on simcoe?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:13 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here a say that it is legal. If it is anything like a snowmobile, as far as I know Insurance isn't a factor because I don't think that it covers anything on the Ice. Many people drive their argos on the ice and most can't insure them.

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2007, 06:08 AM »
Yup, as long as it's legal (plates and ins.) it will be good to go up here.

Offline joneser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET R DONE
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2007, 06:48 AM »
im preaty sure you need insuance
well its 40 below and I dont give a %&#@ got a 40 in the truck got a heater in the hut and im off to the to the perchin grounds 

Offline ravinerat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2007, 11:11 AM »
Insurance is a big issue. You need to have it registered from your home state. Here we have them plated. your ownership. and a Dot/Snell aproved helmet. Even on the ice.  In Ont it is just getting hard to find an Insurance Co to insure them. Some do have them insured and can drive them on the lake. Things are changing for the operation on land though. They still fall under the Off Road Vehicle Road Act.

RR
Be safe, Float!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2007, 02:44 PM »
Yeslisten TO ravine He is correct in all of this:">
He is ugly as Sin but Correct LOL (jj never seen the man lol)
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Full_Choke

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Thanks Guys!!!!!!
I understand at one time they were not allowed to be sold, licensed and and ran on on public property. This is when the manufacturer's stopped making them (with all the lawsuits). We have 2 that are in great condition and work well until the snow- slush gets to deep.
So whens the Simcoe M&G??
Thanks much.
Steve

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2007, 02:07 PM »
LOL Well We usually DO plan one....

Though It is Usually Me planning it FOr this board lol... Any Other Takers On this before The Ice is gone????? LOL
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline ravinerat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2007, 05:37 PM »
You still see some 3 wheelers out and about. Those big tires sure get them to float great. You probally will be stopped on the lake but if you have all paper work there will be no problem.  Some find it hard in Ont to find a company to insure them.

Hey Germ it's just the Belaclava I wear. I do come out in the day light once in awhile.

RR
Be safe, Float!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:29 PM »
Ahh thought that was Facial Hair  LOL

Offline Stump Puller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2007, 08:00 PM »
Make sure you have a helmet too, they get a little stupid about not wearing them. Also, make sure what ever you tow, has a solid tongue on it, it is now illegal to pull something with just a rope, behind a sled or atv. Found out the hard way last year at Long Point.
Be safe out there, and set the iron.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.