Author Topic: Otter Hitch Pivot  (Read 687 times)

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
Otter Hitch Pivot
« on: Jan 23, 2012, 03:40 PM »
I just thought I would add my voice to the increasing chorus of accolades for Otter's recently released Hitch Pivot. I've been using mine for a little over a month now and absolutely love it. I'm a big proponent of organization and efficiency in outdoor products and the Hitch Pivot provides this in spades. It's a great time saving product.

I absolutely hated taking the hitches on and off my sled(s). The time that it took doing so was such a waste of time...especially frustrating in the dark, driving snow and below zero temps. Now it's as simple as pulling the sled out of the truck, popping two pins and swinging the hitch down...and then reversing at the end of the day. Better yet is the time savings on days when I'm running with somebody else and daisy-chaining a second sled, and as a result, involving a second hitch. Now it's as simple as one, two and three. And even better yet, it doesn't take up any more space. I am very glad Otter brought this to the table as I was already sketching up some ways to do something similar...at considerably more cost unfortunately.

About the only criticism that I have is that the sock that has been provided to keep the head of the hitch from tearing a hole in sled covers is too tight and getting it on and off can be difficult. Other than that, I can't suggest a single improvement.

Chris Raymond

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.