The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Calm before the storm...  (Read 534 times)

Offline MadFisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Wish this was work....
Calm before the storm...
« on: Jan 18, 2019, 06:19 PM »
   Since I can't fish saturday's anymore because of rec basketball I gotta make friday's count.  We've been on the hunt for something in the 20+ range so we figured we give our brown spot a try before the snow flies and makes the walking well not fun.  Struck out early to get our traps in before sunrise. Ended up having a wicked goocher of a day. Broke the tip of my ultra light rod, now I see why people have them in cases. Busted a rod to the 3i. Forgot the pans so we couldn't cook anything all day. Well we tried to heat up english muffins with the mister buddy but melted the handle. Once it cooled, good to go just a little deformed. After I got that out of the way I gotta catch something I'm thinking. After 1 the action picked up and had flags till we left. Bunch of stolen bait and missed opportunities. My buddy ended up with 4 flags but no fish landed. He's happy about that. I ended the day with 2 larry's, 2 yellows, and 2 browns. Nothing that I was looking for in the size range but I'll take it. Until next time we'll get to play in the snow should make it a little more interesting somehow.

Offline Kourcha

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Calm before the storm...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2019, 07:24 PM »
   Looks like a decent day nonetheless, I hear ya on Saturdays indoor soccer for me luckily though its not until afternoon so I'll try to get out before first light.
either way any day I personally pull out a brown is a good day  ;D

Offline franklin fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Calm before the storm...
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2019, 03:46 PM »
  Nice catch. Good to get out to a spot with a long walk before this storm. Hopefully the wind blows most of it off the pond so walking isn't horrible after. Good job.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.