Author Topic: Clam pro hoodie  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam pro hoodie
« on: Sep 02, 2019, 07:54 PM »
Does anyone know of a place you can get these at a decent price. Not really wanting to spend $80-$85 on one.

Offline Joe in T.C.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Clam pro hoodie
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2019, 09:29 PM »
eBay...$59.95
Includes free shipping

Offline Ice Thunder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2019, 10:37 PM »
As long as you've brought this up, can anyone comment on how heavy and/or warm these hoodies are??

I've seen a variety of them that look good, but are pretty light and I don't mean just the summer UV protection types.

Thanks

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2019, 06:49 AM »
you can get a carhartt sherpa lined hoodie or zip sweatshirt hoodie for half that price, it'll be 2x as warm and last much longer

Catchin' Fish

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2019, 07:09 AM »
Last year I bought a striker tundra hoodie. That is by far the warmest sweatshirt/hoodie I have ever owned. That thing was worth every dollar. Most days of fishing I dont even use my jacket. It is also a quality piece of clothing, built tough.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 03, 2019, 07:53 AM »
they are on the thinner side. I looked at one on pro day and really didn't think much of it in all honesty. the ones they offer the pro staff are better in my opinion but you won't see those offered to the public plus the cost on those are even more since they are G2 Gemini printed hoodies. I would say you would need either a base layer type shirt or at a minimum a long sleeve tee shirt under the pro hoodie. remember this is just my opinion some people might like them.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 03, 2019, 08:37 AM »
I've had a Carhartt for at least 20 years. Got it from my brother and he'd gotten it from his work at the lumber yard. Far and away the heaviest duty hoodie I've ever had or seen. I often wear it with only two layers under and I'm good into the mid 20F range.

Now if you gotta have the Clam logo, that won't help any.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2019, 08:55 AM »
Become a Militia member and you get a great one. Very heavy and you get site benefits.  I have 2 that are 10 years old and I wear them all the time... ;) Buy some clam patches and have them put on... ::)
I'm a clam guy and I didn't buy one.  ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Sep 03, 2019, 09:03 AM »
Yep my iceshanty hoodie is getting old too, but still in great shape.i wear it all the time.i have to buy a bigger size this time around..lol 3x doesnt cut it these days.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Sep 03, 2019, 09:24 AM »
Fwiw, I have a Striker Ice Riot Hoodie and it is very heavy and warm, but also retails around $60 usually.

https://www.amazon.com/Striker-Ice-Riot-Hoody/dp/B07H7XDMYG/

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Sep 03, 2019, 09:27 AM »
my wife  bought me a clam hoodie 2 years ago and i look macho man when i wear it.  thread (i call them tassles) everywhere.   Hard pass.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 03, 2019, 09:41 AM »
Yep my iceshanty hoodie is getting old too, but still in great shape.i wear it all the time.i have to buy a bigger size this time around..lol 3x doesnt cut it these days.

Hey Doc. One word: Nutrisystems.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry man, door was open  :roflmao: Age and unscheduled time has not been my best friend either  ::)

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #12 on: Sep 03, 2019, 10:14 AM »
Hey Doc. One word: Nutrisystems.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry man, door was open  :roflmao: Age and unscheduled time has not been my best friend either  ::)
hey now!least im not short and fat!lol 3x shirts has really never  fit that good..6’2 and 298 but have super long arms and broad shoulders.i cant stand sleeves that are to short.plus the beer gut from the old drinking days never left.haha

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #13 on: Sep 03, 2019, 10:58 AM »
hey now!least im not short and fat!lol 3x shirts has really never  fit that good..6’2 and 298 but have super long arms and broad shoulders.i cant stand sleeves that are to short.plus the beer gut from the old drinking days never left.haha

My apologies Doc. We must be built a bit the same only I'm a shorter version 'bout 5' 10" / 230. Got the broad shoulder thing and long arms. Mom used to make shirts for us when we were kids and the standard pattern never fit well. Long sleeves always came a couple inches above my wrists. At least my knuckles ain't draggin'  ;)2

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #14 on: Sep 03, 2019, 11:14 AM »
My apologies Doc. We must be built a bit the same only I'm a shorter version 'bout 5' 10" / 230. Got the broad shoulder thing and long arms. Mom used to make shirts for us when we were kids and the standard pattern never fit well. Long sleeves always came a couple inches above my wrists. At least my knuckles ain't draggin'  ;)2
no need for apologies.lol 3x stuff fits till it gets washed a few times.5x is decent and about the only clothes that have long enough sleeves and length.some 3x tall fits.i have a hard time finding clothes that fit without paying premium prices.im also a fan of carhartt thermal zip up sweatshirts.more of a coat with the metal zipper.i wear mine with my striker bibs and plenty warm.

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Sep 03, 2019, 03:13 PM »
I got a "Free" hoodie with the purchase of my Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt Auger.   ;D :roflmao:  The sleeves are a little short, but if it's free - it's for me! 

You know...unless Clam, Eskimo, or StrikeMaster feel like sponsoring me!!!
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #16 on: Sep 04, 2019, 10:46 AM »
Ive got just about every hoodie under the sun, so far the warmest one is my KDrill hoodie made by White Bear Clothing Co. The worst? Huk. Probably because they aren't made for us ice guys at all.

"These hoodies are sueded 70% cotton, with 30% polyester fleece that will keep you warm and dry. To ensure a comfortable fit the sides have rib knit side gussets, cuffs and waist band. Inside the pouch you’ll find a small key pocket that can be closed securely. Each hoodie has a 1/4 zip collar with a top-quality YKK 3″ zipper for easy on/ off and super-thick draw cords for adjust-ability of the hood."

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Sep 06, 2019, 10:48 AM »
am i the only one who loves zip up hoodies?  All i can find is pull over hoodies.  I have a large collection of older zip ups and have issues finding them from other companies. 

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #18 on: Sep 06, 2019, 11:23 AM »
Im a fan up zipup sweatshirts too.i can open it up if i get too hot instead of taking the whole sweatshirt off.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #19 on: Sep 07, 2019, 12:55 PM »
Just did a quick search heavy weight zip up hoodies, lots of results. Kind of spendy I like the Duluth Trading one nice fit the ones I own have worn well for a couple of years.
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.