Author Topic: where is everyone going this weekend  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Pedey_13

• IceShanty Rookie
where is everyone going this weekend
« on: Jan 13, 2007, 02:27 AM »
hey everyone love the site. Did some fishing at chena this week got a few decent rainbows nothing to get to exicted about but better than sitting in the house. Monday i'm taking a first timer down to birch in one of the state huts just wondering if anyone has some tips or recent reports.

fishing fireman wondering if you worked for NPFD right now I'm stationed at Eielson as a firefighter and love it up here finally got the wife to agree to extend instead of going back to S.C.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
Re: where is everyone going this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2007, 02:49 AM »
No, I once was a firedawg at Eielson and now work as a civilian at Ft. Wainwright FD and volunteer with North Star.
I was going to a NFA class tomorrow and now I'm not sure what I'm doing. If i go fishing I will probably stay around here like 28 mile pond or Chena, depends on if my fish finder gets here in the morning or afternoon. We are planning a for sure on Monday just don't know where or what for as of yet. For Birch which house did you get  ??? just use shrimp and you will get them if the house is in the right spot. I have not caught anything thing this year out of Birch in the area of those state houses, the fish I have caught have come from across the lake or towards the hwy.

Brad DTRT KTF EGH RFB

Offline Pedey_13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2007, 11:33 AM »
thanks Akdan we had thought about Quartz but heard it was fishing slow hopefully it picks up this week. we'll venture out of the huts and give the deeper water a shot.

Offline chef viktor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2007, 04:54 PM »
Heading into flathorn Saturday the 20th Northern fishing was pretty good two weeks ago will be warmer this week! Chef

Offline Outdoorsman79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2007, 06:18 PM »
Went to Birch lake Sunday and caught a total of 8 fish. The fish was between me and two buds of mine. One was a good size rainbow all the rest were all Artics. Artics were nothing to brag about. We were out in hte elements between the 1 and 2 military Ice huts. We were all bait fishing. Tried all kinds of different baits but what worked was corn and power bait. The bait was hanging about foot off the bottom give or take. Also quickly we went to Chena on Friday and caught 11 there. They were all Artics nothing real big. We were in the state Ice house #1. We caught them jigging and using shrimp tails. Everyone good luck all fishing!!!
I am new to the area and new to Ice Fishing so just looking for some useful information.

Offline FisherKing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • When I am fishing everything is OK.............
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2007, 11:30 PM »
I'm heading down to Birch late Saturday; should get there around 1400

I am going to try and get a char for supper in the deep hole over near the highway.

I got some good intel from FF and the guys at SW (Scott and Dustin)

BTW, if you look hard enough on the af&g sites you can get depth charts for most of these lakes. I started collecting them and put them in a binder. Helps when you are getting skunked (like I usually do!) and looking for new possibilities on lakes.

I have the big ugly red/black F-250!

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2007, 08:46 PM »
I plan on being at Birch this weekend Fisherking, I'll see if I can find you.

Offline Pedey_13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2007, 09:53 PM »
Had some luck on birch this past mon. caught two really nice rainbows and a couple average rainbows off the red airplane jig and the swedish pimple both tiped with shrimp. The Trout were just under the ice. We also caught some decent Char maybe a foot or two off the bottom with swedish pimple and salmon eggs. There were quite a few people out there looked like everyone was having some luck the guys next to us caught there char just under the ice don't know what they were using though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.