Author Topic: felt like i was ice fishing  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Edge

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Best Friends!
felt like i was ice fishing
« on: Dec 01, 2007, 06:29 PM »

Froze my a** off was using ice jigs, and my ice rods, sure felt like I was ice fishing. 

I saw a picture of a cisco the other day so I thought I would share mine, also from Crooked Lake.

Offline YR bender

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: felt like i was ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2007, 06:37 PM »
Those are neat looking fish. Good job. If Rico was with you, his lips would smell forever.

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Crooked Angola? I always wondered how they do for walleye through the ice on this lake. A friend of mine fishes for them in the summer but I don't think he trys for them in the winter.
Greg
Fish on!

Offline Edge

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Best Friends!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Wrong crooked.  Noble/Whitley

I've caught a couple eyes from the other crooked earlier this year, see one caught on a jigging rapala last winter.

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2007, 06:18 AM »
I didn't think there were any cisco left in indiana waters. Or at least not many.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline Edge

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Best Friends!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2007, 05:02 PM »
They seem to be doing well on Crooked! 

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2007, 06:05 AM »
that is good to hear. I usually find my way over there at least once during hard water. What do they feed on?
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline Rufus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2007, 08:28 AM »
The first of the Seven Sisters Lakes in Angola has tons of them in it. When they start feeding you can catch a load of them. I have never taken any and have alwasy thrown them back, but I have heard that they are decent to eat. Pokagon State Park now owns the grounds around this lake, but it is not yet open to the public for some reason? I use to ice fish it a lot when Calvary Temple owned it.

Offline Edge

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Best Friends!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2007, 04:17 PM »

I'd use your favorite tear drop and wax worm.  They feed on zooplankton, and small insects. 

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2007, 05:08 PM »
The first of the Seven Sisters Lakes in Angola has tons of them in it. When they start feeding you can catch a load of them. I have never taken any and have alwasy thrown them back, but I have heard that they are decent to eat. Pokagon State Park now owns the grounds around this lake, but it is not yet open to the public for some reason? I use to ice fish it a lot when Calvary Temple owned it.

My uncle used to work at that campground and said that there was a good population of ciscos there... also said he caught some really nice crappie through the ice.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.