Author Topic: Special Fishing Offer Northeastern Indiana  (Read 3385 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Special Fishing Offer Northeastern Indiana
« Reply #30 on: Nov 27, 2018, 05:57 PM »
I’m in South Bend. I would like to take a peek at your setup at the least if that’s something you’d entertain. Never seen something like what you got going, shoot didn’t know something like this was so close to me. Let me know, I can bring a warm dish for the inconvenience  :P

No need to bring a warm dish. Just call ahead to be sure I'm here. Still need that one gill and was busy skinning a walleye, and preparing a large crappie and two northern pike to paint today. And the trout eggs showed up FedEx today (late even though I paid a small fortune to get them overnight AM from Utah. &^%$#!) so that took some time. Looks like I will have to make some time to get that one flawless bluegill of 10 inches or over.

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Thermo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Nov 28, 2018, 03:09 PM »
Awesome! I’ll be in touch. Maybe Saturday if the weather is tolerable.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Nov 29, 2018, 12:16 PM »
Awesome! I’ll be in touch. Maybe Saturday if the weather is tolerable.

Today you'd have to punch through some thin ice to fish off the pier. Not a limitation though as the pier goes all the way across the pond. But looking at the weather the ice my be melt for the second time this fall by Saturday.

Here's an old picture showing the pier. 

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Nov 29, 2018, 04:39 PM »
The pond is a little bigger than I pictured
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Nov 29, 2018, 08:52 PM »
It's .62 acres. The pier is 130 feet long. IIRR the pond is 130 X 200 feet.

Another picture from the other side. Water color is due to dye. Depth was dropped a couple of feet for seining. Don't have to do that anymore as I have a deeper seine now. Prefer harvest by hook and line though as it's more fun and seining preparation, the seining, and putting the seine away after drying is a lot of work! Present seine is 180 feet by 12 feet!

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 01, 2018, 10:22 AM »
River_ Scum and Piggyn were here today and I now have 2 out of three of the bluegills I need.

Thanks again, I had a great time!
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:42 PM »
You're welcome.

I need one more big bluegill for an order and fished for a couple of hours off the pier the other day and nearly froze to death in the wind. My hands got so cold when I warmed them up they hurt like hell!

Caught a released about 10 bluegills with nothing over 10 inches this time. Also released about 8 yellow perch with one the was probably 14 inches. Looks like I may have to wait for ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.