Author Topic: 2# stren hi-vis gold line  (Read 1385 times)

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
2# stren hi-vis gold line
« on: Oct 22, 2018, 11:24 AM »
I've been looking for the stren gold line on the web but I can't seem to find the 2#. Does anyone have a source? I am NOT interested in using another line. Thanks
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline djlangen

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2# stren hi-vis gold line
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2018, 12:20 PM »
I've had the same dilemma in trying to find original 2# hi-vis Stren. A couple of years ago, I switched over to 2# hi-vis Stren crappie mono on all of my tightlining rods and have not noticed any difference in  the line's floating properties or strength. In one part of the following video, Lawrence Luoma talks about switching over to Stren Crappie Mono as well:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5LJ668zD0-s&t=222s

Offline fishygene

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2018, 04:28 PM »
I have used hi-vis for 25yrs. The new line is harder see with these old eyes I am a line watcher. The old hi-vis hard to find maybe in old bait shop or garage sale   gene

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2018, 07:00 PM »
If I recall correctly, ye old tackle in North Webster has some. Might try giving them a call.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2018, 12:27 PM »
I think the old hi viz gold is gone forever.   It was my go to also.  I've switched to ASSO and found it to be the closest other than price!  Tried many others and none were close as far as visibility goes.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2018, 01:59 PM »

Well I called a bud that still had a spool of original hi-vis 2# and diameter was .007 and the new crappie is .006

Offline Hermdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Hard, Die Happy
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2018, 05:10 AM »
Stren has discontinued 2# in gold and clear. Trilene has come out with Klondike Gold. in the Coldweather line. Looks pretty close to the same color.

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2018, 09:49 AM »
Hi Viz is gone as far as what I have found. Scoured the Web last year and no luck.
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2018, 09:45 AM »
When I was looking for Hi-Vis somebody on sight recommended Vicious Fishing Ice. I bought 2# and it is pretty darn close to Hi-Vis. It is .006in Avg. Dia. Color is a bit paler than Hi-Vis. .GET VICIOUScom
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline spring bobber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2018, 08:45 PM »
Stren has discontinued 2# in gold and clear. Trilene has come out with Klondike Gold. in the Coldweather line. Looks pretty close to the same color.

Trilene/Berkley are under the same parent company as Stren so could be very similar, never know. I used Suffix Ice Magic in Clear (mono) on a lot of my stuff last year with no problems and they carry a orange line as light as 1 lb test; might be worth trying.
Proud member of the Shiners!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/McLovinLife3

Offline wsj_outdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wandering the Ice somewhere
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2018, 07:40 AM »
Got some Stren crappie mono in gold with a good rebate in the spring, bought a few so I am good to go for ice.  Will not go back to the ice lines after using this for the last 2 years.
If a man can't laugh at himself....he leaves the job to others

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.